Newbie from wis

Started by Alanfromwis, April 24, 2012, 07:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanfromwis

Hi all,  My name is Alan & we purchased a ss digital Bradley last saturday. Have used offset smokers in the past. The smoker has 3 small briskets in now & am eagerly awaiting results. Thanks for letting me in forum;
Alan
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Salmonsmoker

Welcome Alan, it's a good thing you're not wasting time getting you smoker in action. ;D Don't forget to post pictures of your smokes.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

dman4505

Welcome
and as SS said be sure and post some pictures

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard!!  No questions? ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Alanfromwis

Hi All,
    Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the interest. Got the first expirement done & it turned out quite well for the first time. When we purchased unit, store only had mesquite, alder & hickory in stock. Chose to pass on alder for now.
  I have a single probe maverick digital thermometer, but now see the need for 2 probes. Need to order more brisqutes & bubba pucks, although I have some teflon stock that is about 7/16 (1/16 thin) that could try to make 2 or 3 pucks from. Any ideas on this? Will have more questions as I go along.
  Thanks again, Alan

Salmonsmoker

If you've got some non-burning stock to make Bubba pucks from, go for it. I bought mine, and the metal they're made from is too heavy and the puck advance really struggles with the weight of three on top of the bisquit pile.

Alanfromwis

Hi Salmon smoker,
  Thanks for the reply. The material is T E F L O N, but the program changed it to non-stick. This material will stand much higher temps that are in Bradley.
Alan

Kahunas

Go for it, I made mine out of a 1.5" aluminum pipe coupling. Light weight and just the right diameter.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

slowpoke

Welcome to the forum.Happy smoken.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Bearcub6

Welcome to the forum. If you don't make your own, Yard and pool is a good source for Bubba Pucks and Frog Mats. Enjoy.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Bearcub6 on April 26, 2012, 04:51:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. If you don't make your own, Yard and pool is a good source for Bubba Pucks and Frog Mats. Enjoy.

Yard and Pool is where I got my "heavy " pucks. I've drilled a bunch of holes in them to lighten them up. Good company to do business with, though.