My burgers

Started by amigo smoker, April 24, 2012, 10:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo smoker

Well i just  couldnt wait until tomorrow to fire the smoker up so wanted to do something quuick and easy for my tea

Went to the butcher and asked if he had any "of cuts" beef or pork or both
got about a 1lb bag and went home and minced it up

added some onion, salt and some cowboy rub that i found on the net that i made a few days ago, main ingredient of the rub was coffee and chilli, but its very nice

any way i wasnt sure how long they would take to cook in the smoker so i gave them an hour and a half of smoke and finished them of in the oven as we were hungry  :)

Got some fresh cheese topped rolls from a friend who makes them, put some gem lettuce, big tomato  and waited for the burgers

now i forgot to take pics as i was making and smoking them as i was to excited (first smoke)
but here they are in the buns

i added some mozerella and budwieser bbq sauce

They went down a treat and the best burgers ive had to date

mat

mikecorn.1

Those look delicious!  Everything but that red thing on the bottom of the meat  ;D. How's the bbq sauce, I,ve seen it here at a HEB grocery store?
Mike

amigo smoker

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on April 24, 2012, 10:58:32 AM
Those look delicious!  Everything but that red thing on the bottom of the meat  ;D. How's the bbq sauce, I,ve seen it here at a HEB grocery store?

lol i only put it there to add colour then removed mine as i hate them  ::)

the sauce i think is lovely, nice warming spice to it, but its the only one ive tried i cant compare, saying that i would buy it again no problem

mat

Smoker John

nice burgers amigo what flavour of smoke did you use?
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

amigo smoker

apple and cherry wood

but i used more apple than cherry

kids have said they want  them again tomorrow but i have a 6lb pork butt and 3 racks of ribs for tomorrow  :) :) :)

watchdog56

Those look awesome.Nice job.