Zero for Two

Started by slimenta, May 09, 2012, 07:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimenta

Well, I bought two 6 rack smokers.  The first one fell apart and ultimately the generator box malfunctioned.  Sure, I am going to go inside the box and fix it.  I don't think so.  Now, third time using the second smoker.  E warning light $150+ of meat in the oven.  Oh, go in your generator box and see if there is a loose wire.  Is this a joke?

KyNola

Welcome to the forum.  One simple question , do you want any help or did you just come on here to bitch?  If you want help we will be more than happy to help you.  If you just came on to bitch, have at it.

mikecorn.1

I'll take a crack at it. First of all, welcome to the forum. I along with many others, have had years of trouble free use out of our bradley. My microswitch went out after 2 years of use. Cost me $15 to fix it. Ive never had an element go out.  $#it happens. IT'S AN ELECTRIC SMOKER! Things can come loose during shipping and or some  knuckleheads that work for the delivery services not treating the items with care. I recently a report on tv showing how when you put Fragile on any package means absolutly squat. Again, its not all delivery personnel.
Check this out, I purchased a 2011 vehicle, 30k miles into it, the ECM went out, still within the warranty period.  :)
I yield back to whatever you want to dish out and vent about.

Oh, BTW, I had mine shipped to my local Walmart 3 years ago.
Mike

Wildcat

Quote from: slimenta on May 09, 2012, 07:21:50 AM
Well, I bought two 6 rack smokers.  The first one fell apart and ultimately the generator box malfunctioned.  Sure, I am going to go inside the box and fix it.  I don't think so.  Now, third time using the second smoker.  E warning light $150+ of meat in the oven.  Oh, go in your generator box and see if there is a loose wire.  Is this a joke?

I suggest you take the $150+ of meat and finish it in the house oven. Then call Bradley and they will be more than willing to get you up and running. Instead of calling Bradley (or in conjunction with calling them) you can ask the forum members and they will be glad to try to help. There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here.

We all understand frustration and also the need to vent. If your desire is to simply vent then say so and have at it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Hi slimenta;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this manner.

I know when thing go wrong it can get a bit frustrating. As Wildcat pointed out there are plenty of member here that can help you, until you are able to contact Bradley.

If it is an "E" error, the advice that Mike and Wildcat provide will probably get you up and going.

If it is an "E1" error the below information my be helpful:

The E1 error is usually an issue with the TC wire (small wire between generator and tower). If you unplug and re-plug it a couple of times or even unplug and reverse it, it will usually help. I found that the problem only happened a couple of times. Once I had unplugged and re-plugged a couple of times it seemed to resolve it. It was almost like it had some rough cast plastic in the pin part of the connector or something.

Additional Information from the Bradley website:An "E1" message is something to do with the sensor cable. The sensor cable is the short skinny cable that runs from the generator to the tower. Please make sure that it's connected, secondly unplug it and switch the ends around, so plug "A" side into "B" and the "B" side into "A" sometime that makes a better connection. Also make sure that there is nothing blocking that connection ie: loose chips, dust (using a piece of steel wool or super fine sandpaper to clean the ends of your sensor cable works well).

Also; while the generator is on and the "E1" error is displayed and beeping, check the connection by wiggling one side of the connection up and down and left to right, and then the other side. If the "E1" message temporally goes away while you were wiggling one side, you need a new sensor connector. 

If none of the above actions work, the E-1 error may be a bad connection to the temp sensor the connection is located in the back of the smoke tower remove the back of the smoker and check the connection.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)