Roll Call

Started by BigSmoker, February 25, 2006, 01:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Man some of my best smokin' friends are AWOL and I'm not sure what TF.  I know Bradley has <b>SUCKED</b>recently on their forum stuff but where are my friends.  Lets just see who is monitoring.  Just smoked a turkey breast with hickory for samiches.  I let it sit a day in the fridge wrapped and man oh man is it bueno.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

GrillinFool

Hey BigSmoker, I am doing a turkey breast tomorrow, what internal temp did you go to, to make it so bueno? did you season it with something special?

The Grillin Fool

nodak

YO, I'm goin to do some ribs this weekend and maybe some pepporoni sticks to snack on if I get ambitious and weather isn't to bad.

Goodluck

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

nodak

YO, I'm goin to do some ribs this weekend and maybe some pepporoni sticks to snack on' if I get ambitious and weather isn't to bad.  First need to get up in the morning and move 5 inches of this white stuff out here in my yard.

Goodluck

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

jaeger

Big Smoker,
I'm all in with the turkey. I'm going to make some turkey jerky next. I have a new recipe from Owrstich and I've had really good luck with a teriyaki recipe that Smokehouse Rob shared. This time I'm going to use a new seasoning from High Mountain, the Mandarin Teriyaki jerky seasoning. I will post pics and results Monday night on this thread.

As far as AWOL members, I've noticed the same thing. In fact, I have a picture of one in case anyone has seen him lately.

Please notify the Administator of this site if you see him!!!

<font size="2"><b>Doug</b></font id="size2">

MWS

I've noticed some good folk have been missing lately too. Used to enjoy their posts ....... Good question Jeff.
I'm going to smoke some beef short ribs....

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

Well I wrote to JJC and he replied back on the 20th. He has just been hammered between work and health issue with his mother. Plus she does not have a net connection. He said as soon as he could he would get back on the forums....

If you look at the Members list most that were posting last year are still posting this year. However, with all of the problems with these boards the posting have become diluted.

Now the Data Base for this board is still broken. However, it looks like in the past 10 days we have been moved to a new hosting server/ hosting service.

Nevertheless, it is a pain to wait 30 seconds or so for a reply to be posted. Hopefully this so will be fixed and then more folks will reply to a thread.

EDIT: It took right at 70 seconds for this reply to post.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

Hi All,

Like Olds said, I've been busy helping my sister take care of my mother (who is ill) and my dad (who is a psychological mess because of my mother's illness).  I go down to DC on weekends to spell her so she can go back to NC and see her husband.  Mom looks like she's turned the corner on this particular crisis, so this is my first weekend at home in about a month.

Hope to be on the Forum more regularly . . . and thanks to those of you who checked in--I really appreciate it!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

bubbagump

It's good to here your mother is making progress in her recovery. I hope all continues to go well.

Best wishes,

Bubbagump

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

nodak

Jaeger call 911, the Administator...  He is spotted just ahead of my post or at least someone who looks like him.

boxertrio

Still here too, pecan'n 30 chicken rolls for granny's 88th today.

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

Still here to but not posting to much because of the problems with the forum. Hope like heck things get better for JJC and family. Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.[;)] Take care John.

nsxbill

Still here....started nights..3 hr commute...swimming 1.5 hrs daily...enough time spent on the road and working out...too tired to do much right now on the boards...I log on, terrible wait for website to come up.  Hope it gets better.  

Picked up a pork shoulder last week and in the freezer.  Will thaw and smoke this weekend...

Regards to all!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Hi Bill,

How about a recent pic of your now semi-svelte physique--maybe a before and after composite?  You're an inspiration, my friend!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA