Roll Call

Started by BigSmoker, February 25, 2006, 01:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Wow I had 1 to many adult beverages and started this thread[:D][:D][}:)].  Turkey breast was pulled out of the smoker at 165f.  used 2 hours of hickory.  Glad to C everyone out there hopefully the board will be back to normal soon.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

car54

The forum has been operating good for me.

Brad

acords

Hasn't been operating very well for me.  Had a tough time getting on to the site.  While the content of this forum is great, the functionality (is that a word?) stinks

Grab me another Stout
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Oyènkwara

Snowed here today...no garage...no smoking...[:(]

Recent smokes included my first Boston Butt for pulled pork ... Now that was really good!! Pulled pork sandwhiches with BBQ sauce Mmmmm!

And I also did a combo of three Bradley racks of Baby Back Ribs and two bone in full chicken breasts. Breasts were done using the Maple brine cure on the recipe site and the ribs were done using the Kansas City Sloppy Ribs from "Smoke & Spice". Ribs turned out awesome!

I have some salmon in the freezer that I'm going to try (first time smoking salmon) and I broke down and picked up some more pistachios.

Gosh I'm having fun with this smoker! [:D]

Tom

tsquared

Hey Big Smoker and everyone else. Got frustrated with the board and busy at work, so I haven't been posting much.Haven't even been smoking much![V] But I am getting the itch! I have been revamping "No Rigours", my salmon boat, with new motors and seats and  gps in preparation for this year's fishing season. Hope to smoke soon and promise to do more posting.
T2

owrstrich

can you pick me up in bellingham in august...

someone elses rigours is the best rigours unless you aint got no rigours but then again your rigours are best...

you gotts to eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

MWS

Owrstrich, When in Bellingham 'You Gotts to Eat' at the Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro. http://bbaybrewery.com/ Best place in the Northwest....[:D]
Voted best brewery in Washington State by readers from 'Northwest Brewing News' magazine. I've been known to enjoy a pint or two of their 'Inside Passage Ale' (IPA).

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

owrstrich

i know where its at... we didnt stop anywhere except where they were hauling in the catch last year but we drove that area while exploring...

our job up there is in ferndale... they told us to go to blaine for the good catch but we decided that was too close to the bc bud and with the lynden tunnel closed... so we went to bellingham instead...

i gotts it bookmarked...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

tsquared

Hey Owstrich-- Mikey and I will take you out to wet a line! (and our whistle by the looks of the preceeding posts!!) Sounds like an absolutely terrible time to me.[8D]
T2

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Hi All,

Like Olds said, I've been busy helping my sister take care of my mother (who is ill) and my dad (who is a psychological mess because of my mother's illness).  I go down to DC on weekends to spell her so she can go back to NC and see her husband.  Mom looks like she's turned the corner on this particular crisis, so this is my first weekend at home in about a month.

Hope to be on the Forum more regularly . . . and thanks to those of you who checked in--I really appreciate it!

John
Newton MA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi John;

It's good to see your post. I hope everything works out for the best with your mom and dad. I was just thinking about sending you an e-mail tomorrow, when I get a better internet connection.

I haven't posted as much as I did in the past, because I don't have a steady internet connection. Hopefully that will be resolved in a few weeks. I can only log on for a few minutes with a poor connection, so I screen what topics I want to read.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Muskwa

I'm here too, my thoughts are with you JJC. I've been busy with a few house property things, and quite frankly these posts are taking too much time from a busy day. I hope they get this thing working right when I have alittle more time to spend here!

Muskwa

MallardWacker

Let me ring the bell...

This is on the smoker for this weekend...

<font face="Arial"><font color="blue">SMOKED CHICKEN & CORN CHOWDER.

3 ribs celery sliced ~1/8 - 1/4 " thick
1/2 of a good sized (think softball here) sweet onion, diced
4 -5 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
1 stick of butter (no margerine please  - that stuff will kill you)
3 pieces of leftover BBQ chicken, skin removed and diced into bite sized pieces
2 1lb bags of frozen sweet corn
Milk
Salt, Fresh ground black pepper and Cayenne pepper to taste (so happens I forgot my ceyenne pepper and used my chicken rub in place of everytthing instead)
Large sauce pan or stock pot

Prior to continuing on, grind 1 bag of the FROZEN corn into a fine powder and set aside. This will give the chowder a little body.
I use a gadget I received for Christmas called the Silver Bullet to grind the corn, although a good blender or food processor would
work just as well.

Melt the butter over medium - high heat until melted and the white stuff rises to the top.
Add and saute the onion, garlic and celery until translucent
Add the powdered corn, stir, and season with Salt and Pepper/cayenne/rub
add a shy 2 quarts of milk ( I had 2% and used that)
heat to just under boiling, then add the chicken and the other bag of frozen sweet corn
Let simmer for 20 minutes or until all flavors have mixed
Season further per your taste - I tend to like a small afterburn of cayenne at the finish

This is really good with jalepeno corn bread slathered with butter</font id="blue">.</font id="Arial">

Got this from the "Dutchman" at the AZBBQA.

I think I will smoke the garlic and oinion also, maybe.

Sorry only a Amber O'douls for  me.

Gosh just may shoot a pick

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

rraming

Phone Guy

dick621

Well Hello Everyone.  Finally able to get back on. Been trying several times a day ever since the forum went down.  Got on once on the 28th or there about, looked at a couple og posts and then it would'nt let me open any more. Finally called bradley and they said it must be my server(I have dialup).  My server tryed and got on ok on faster dsl and such but they coulnt get on on dialup either. They contacted The forum provider or what ever you call them and they worked on the problem and wala, today it all works. Should have calle them long ago.
    Did make a batch of jerky, smoked some colby and some cheddar, and smoke/cooked a pork loin roast while I was offline.  had trouble with my pid on the jerky and cheese. Decided it was the cold temps outside.
PID does't seem to work below 32 deg very well.  Was in upper 40s for
roast and worked ok .
    Good to be back. Missed everyone.         Dick in emmett, idaho

decided
Dick in Emmett, Idaho