Roll Call

Started by BigSmoker, February 25, 2006, 01:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

WB dick,
And enter into our recipe contest~~!~

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

oguard

I myself have been working overtime and that leaves no time for the forum.This weekend we are having a surprise birthday party for my mom.Doing a couple top sirloin roasts in the smoker for the party[:p][:p].Hope to have some time to get out to the sportsmen show on Sunday[:D][8D].

Mike

ps even if the forum isn't working well at least the smoker does[:D]

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Oyènkwara

Mallardwacker,

Excellent Chowder recipe. Well I only got to try a spoon or two full as I was seasoning it.

The company that my wife works for had a "soup day" to benefit the local United Way. They asked for people to bring in some soup which was sold by the cup or bowl. Since I'm having so much fun with the smoker, I wanted something to feature a smoked ingredient. I remembered seeing this recipe so I decided to give it a try. I smoked bone in chicken breasts (as well as the onion and garlic) in 7 pucks of apple wood.

Cooked the soup the night before so the flavors could mingle over night. I also sent in some jalepeno cheddar bread to go with the soup. From what I understand, there were dozens of crock pots of soup. My wife brought back an empty pot [:(] ... darn, guess I'll have to make some more.

Anyway...Thanks

Tom

MallardWacker

Tom,

Good to hear that it worked out for you.  Mine didn't last too long either.  I need to modify the seasoning, mine was missing just a little something.  But it lends itself to modification quite well.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Ded Leg

I'm still here.  I ordered and installed one of the digital temperature controllers from Love. (I got the info on how to do this from this forum)  It is easy to use and works good, plus the whole cost was only $50.  I picked up a couple of pork shoulders that I will smoke this weekend to give the new temp controller a real tryout.

Ded Leg

Oldman

Good for you Ded Leg.

Glad to see ya posting...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

IKnowWood

Ded Leg

When you smoke the butts with the LOVE TS.  Start with max slide and periodically reduce it to about the 80% slide level.  use the swing you see as the guide as to where to set it.   I had to work with the parameters and have patience.  One thing that took me some time was that it takes at least 1 minute before the controller realizes it needs to work.  its one of the paramaters to set, 1 min is the lowest to set.  

i like it now that i understand how it works.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes