Newbie from Hamilton,Ont,Canada

Started by Wingnutjr, May 15, 2012, 08:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutjr

Semi-new to the smoker world, just wondering if anyone knows of any stores in the Hamilton GTA area to get some game meat for making jerky?

destrouk

I dont but a big welcome to you !!!

mikecorn.1

Nope, but welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

RossP

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Keymaster

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

slowpoke

Welcome,I believe it's against the law to sell or buy wild meat here in Canada,but you should be able to buy farm raised buffalo
in some stores.Maybe check on line for stores selling speicalty meats in your area.Just a thought.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

beefmann

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

mainly_a_lurker

Hi Wingnutjr,

I'm in Mount Hope, so not too far from you.  I'm not sure what game meats you're looking for, but there's not too much around that I'm aware of - you'd likely have better luck closer to TO.  The one place to try would be Gourmet Meats which is on Upper James south of Hamilton (about 1/2 way between Hamilton & Caledonia).  I've purchased buffalo meat there and think I've seen venison as well.  I'm not sure if they carry those all the time but I have seen them before.

If you go a little further out there is a place called Black Angus in Mississauga, or the other way you'll find Lakeland Game Meats in St. Catharines.  Those would have a lot more selection than anything in the Hammer.