Sockeye

Started by Keymaster, May 21, 2012, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Put some sockeye in Kummocks Brine yesterday for a twelve hour soak. Then I put a fan to it for four hours.

Then into the smoker four 2 hours of Alder smoke.

The next six hours or so will be movin and spinnin racks around.

See yah in about six hours with the finished pictures.

JZ

Those look real good and your back yard looks nice too.

What are the strings on the racks for? Keeping track of rack locations and rotations?

Keymaster

Quote from: JZ on May 21, 2012, 09:17:28 AM
Those look real good and your back yard looks nice too.

What are the strings on the racks for? Keeping track of rack locations and rotations?
Thats the Brother in laws salmon with the string that he puchased at a different store than I got mine at. He's from New Mexico and dont get salmon to often so we decided to smoke salmon together that he could take back to New Mexico tomorrow :)

Quarlow

Nice salmon good luck. Awesome yard too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SouthernSmoked

PRETTY!!

Lookin' good Aaron!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

Thanks Guys!! Here it is all done or most of it anyway. It was a little odd My fish came off the frogmats fine but the BIL's kinda stuck and was hard to get off with out breaking it.

Quarlow

Oooooo boy does that look good. drooling drooling. yum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

tsquared

MMMMMMMM---SOCKEYE!!! Looks wonderful Keymaster!! Despite what a certain Alaskan says (who shall remain nameless)  ;D , sockeye are the best!
T2

KyNola

Lord have mercy, that looks really really good.  I've got some sockeye and King salmon in the freezer that needs some attention.  You may have just inspired me. :)

Kahunas

How were they, they look great
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

OldHickory

Those sure look good.  Our local comercial salmon isn't ready yet, only the sport fishing is open ( if you are lucky enough to go )
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Smoker John

That looks awesome, nice yard to
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

JZ

QuoteIt was a little odd My fish came off the frogmats fine but the BIL's kinda stuck and was hard to get off with out breaking it.

Must be those Sockeye from New Mexico. LOL ;D