Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Love bacon wrapped scallops :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

Pretty sure the wife took over the camera to have record that she married a deranged mad man. :)  If she lived in the South she would start the stories with "Y'all aren't gonna believe this sh!t but I've got the photos to prove it".  Where they are from originally she would start the story with "Once upon a time".  ;D

Sorry man, just couldn't resist. ;)

destrouk

Quote from: KyNola on May 16, 2012, 05:52:06 PM
Pretty sure the wife took over the camera to have record that she married a deranged mad man. :)  If she lived in the South she would start the stories with "Y'all aren't gonna believe this sh!t but I've got the photos to prove it".  Where they are from originally she would start the story with "Once upon a time".  ;D

Sorry man, just couldn't resist. ;)

Shes a canuck so it started with you wont believe this eh !!!!LMAO funny right there !

KyNola

Quote from: destrouk on May 16, 2012, 06:39:11 PM
Quote from: KyNola on May 16, 2012, 05:52:06 PM
Shes a canuck so it started with you wont believe this eh !!!!LMAO funny right there !
I stand corrected! ;D

Smoker John

I definitely want to try this one. I have been smoking my way thru the Bradley recipe vids, going to try the scallops soon, they look great
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

squirtthecat

Nice!   I bet if you put the bacon in the (hot) smoker for about 30-45 minutes to pre-cook a bit, it would end up almost perfect when the scallops were done.   (I've seen similar recipes where they microwave it in advance)   Worth a shot!

Love the Guinness t-shirt, btw.   ;)

Up In Smoke

Quote from: squirtthecat on May 16, 2012, 06:45:31 PM

Nice!   I bet if you put the bacon in the (hot) smoker for about 30-45 minutes to pre-cook a bit, it would end up almost perfect when the scallops were done.   (I've seen similar recipes where they microwave it in advance)   Worth a shot!

Love the Guinness t-shirt, btw.   ;)
That was kinda runnin' through my head too.
also i was thinking if you clarify the butter with  a few light spices before you inject it could really ramp it up... just a thought.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

destrouk

Hey Up I'm thinking the same as well as injecting them more than once

Batman of BBQ

nice job Destro, after seeing this I'm making these right now!

Batman
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

destrouk

dooooooooooooooo it just inject more than 1 time oh and take some after pics for the others I missed my moment LOL duuuuuude share the goodness LOl

Batman of BBQ

Will do, I added some garlic salt to the melted butter.  We will see how it turns out.
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

destrouk

sweet move im a garlic lover so let me know im doing them again soon !

NorthShoreMN

If cutting your own bacon try very thin slices for wrapping the scallops.  Short time in microwave or
simmering water will also give bacon a head start.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Wazzulu

I gave this a try but did not have the Jack in the house or jack pucks.  I used Wild Turkey Honey and dumped a little on the top of some hickory pucks.  Turned out great.