Turkey breast insight and some help

Started by Consooger, May 27, 2012, 05:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

SO here's my issue, being that I work for a top grocery retailer this weekend is non stop for me and I'm basically working 16-18 hour days. My only day off is tomorrow and I want to smoke 2 turkey breasts. 1 is 6# and another 7# I won't get home from work tomorrow morning til 7-8 am. How long would these breasts take? I'm thinking about eating them around 5-6 PM. My dilemma is I want to go Musky fishing right after work for a few hours (biting has been good lately) I have done a small breast before and it was done in about 4.5-5 hours but I don't think that is going to happen. Do I have enough time to come home and fish til let's say 11-noon or should I just nix that idea and start it earlier in the AM that way it's done in time to eat around 6?

ANy help would be great.

OH BTW - I'm just seasoning these with Jan's rub, these will finish thaw this afternoon.

ANy help is appreciated! 

Happy Memorial Day!

-John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

KyNola

You can do both!  Go fishing, get home in time to get the breasts ready to go in the smoker by noon.  Put 2 hours of smoke on them in your Bradley at the highest temp you can muster.  At the end of the 2 hour smoke period, transfer the breasts to your house oven set at around 325-350 and roast as usual.

The best of both worlds!

BTW, good call on seasoning with Jan's Rub. ;)

Consooger

Quote from: KyNola on May 27, 2012, 07:05:00 AM
You can do both!  Go fishing, get home in time to get the breasts ready to go in the smoker by noon.  Put 2 hours of smoke on them in your Bradley at the highest temp you can muster.  At the end of the 2 hour smoke period, transfer the breasts to your house oven set at around 325-350 and roast as usual.

The best of both worlds!

BTW, good call on seasoning with Jan's Rub. ;)

BOOM!!!!

Spoken like a true master! That's what the plan is.

This is why I love coming here so much! BTW Jan's Rub is the SH$#! ABSOLUTELY love it, THANK YOU JAN!!!!!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife