spice weights in grams

Started by pikeman_95, May 23, 2012, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

I meant .xls sorry. But type of files don't usually make a difference for download. So it should be possible to create a directory for these and all could share the files for recipes in this format. Then it would be a simple base as the Lem Poli is. Except with this their would be no need to constantly convert recipes in different size batches. It would do it for you. This could be in alphabetical order. Every body could contribute. It would be a very nice system to have. If it wouldn't be too much work on the moderators. If not maybe I can find a free hosting site to do it. I think its a very good idea Pikeman.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Mr Walleye

Viper

I agree completely.

It would be a great way to have the various recipes available and scaleable for any size batch a person wants to make.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pikeman_95

Mike and Paul
That is exactly what I had in mind. When Lon gave this to me I could see how well it would work for all of our spice recipes.[Thanks again Lon for the great work] So many newbies and others have had problems changing batch sizes and how often do you end up with not quite the weight in meat then you planed. All you would have to do is open the recipe in excel and change the batch weight and all the spice measurements change automatically.[very cool] This is also why I have been working the spice weight table. It is quite easy to take volume measurements and convert them to grams.
Kirby

devo

Good idea Kirby. I learned how to figure % of mixes after I got into dry curing. Many recipes have this.
NOTES: There are no weights given here, everything is a percentage value of the meat weight – since you will never have a piece of meat that weighs exactly the same as mine – and ratios are important here.

Habanero Smoker

Kirby,

I misunderstood what you wanted posted. I thought you just wanted the chart posted. I do have permission to upload most binary files to the recipe site. The Excel file can be easily posted on the recipe site for anyone to download. The link that I posted has an .xlsx in it. So posting it on the recipe site, that way you won't have to keep up with all the individual demands.

If you want a file to be available on this forum, you would have to host the file on your own site, or some other site that will host program files (that includes the recipe site), and provide a link, then have Brian "Stick" the post in the sausage section. And if Viper can set it up the way that he states that would be an added value of having one more additional source to the file.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

viper125

I will look in to it. Would be nice to have a back up recipe site.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.