New 4 RACK ditigal- Still a smoker virgin

Started by allan_37, June 12, 2012, 03:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_37

Hi

Just received my new Bradley smoker and want to try her out. Like to do baby ribs for my first time. New to smoking so I would appreciate any help with respect to method, rubs,  sauces,  etc.

Thanks
Allan (New Brunswick Canada)

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard. This is a good tutorial on making ribs.
How to make Ribs in a Bradley. You can vary the times on this. It's a guide. I like to do .5 at the end.

Here are some links to help you
FAQs
Our time tested and proven recipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

dman4505

Congrats on the new smoker and welcome
Ask all the questions that come your way
Everyone here will help get ya through the learning curve

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Kahunas

Welcome, your gonna love your new smoker.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

rcger

The only thing better than a Bradley Smoker is the Bradley Forum!  Enjoy your new addiction!
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Keymaster

Welcome aboard, lets get to deflowering that beast  :o

allan_37

Will follow the rib instructions and I will let you know how things turn out. Just one question when you put the ribs back in the smoker for the last hour (or.5) do you add smoke.

Thanks

TedEbear

Quote from: allan_37 on June 13, 2012, 03:42:31 AMJust one question when you put the ribs back in the smoker for the last hour (or.5) do you add smoke.

Thanks

No.  The smoking part is only during the first stage.

sjmcdowall

Welcome aboard!!!  Don't forget to season your smoker before your first real use!! 

Ribs were the first things I made in the smoker too -- great way to start!!  They were toooo die for --

Remember to PAM (tm) your racks AND drip pan before each use -- cleanup will be much easier.  And remove the damn paper tags on the drip plate too .. I didn't and now I have charred paper on it -- doesn't affect it .. but still.. :)

beefmann

welcome aboard,

as for doing  ribs, there fairly  easy.

rub them with the following

4 tbsp paprika
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

pre heat your  smoker for 30 minutes at 225 and have your smoke generator turned on as well,

load your smoke generator with 11 bisquettes  mixture of  misquete , hickory and maple  ( if you  have it ) for 3 hours with top vent wide open  and box temp at 225,

after the  3 hours of smoke and cook, pull the ribs and wrap in foil with either a splash of apple juice or your favourite  bbq sauce covering all the ribs,  then wrap in towels and into a  cooler  let rest for two hours and back into the smoker for another hour to two hours  with no  smoke at  225 box temp.

enjoy

KyNola

Quote from: beefmann on June 13, 2012, 09:16:10 AM
load your smoke generator with 11 bisquettes  mixture of  misquete , hickory and maple  ( if you  have it ) for 3 hours with top vent wide open  and box temp at 225,

after the  3 hours of smoke and cook, pull the ribs and wrap in foil with either a splash of apple juice or your favourite  bbq sauce covering all the ribs,  then wrap in towels and into a  cooler  let rest for two hours and back into the smoker for another hour to two hours  with no  smoke at  225 box temp.
Wait.....you sure Beefmann?  In the smoker for 3 hours, out of the smoker for a 2 hour FTC and then back in the smoker for an hour or two?

Kahunas

Quote from: KyNola on June 13, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: beefmann on June 13, 2012, 09:16:10 AM

Wait.....you sure Beefmann?  In the smoker for 3 hours, out of the smoker for a 2 hour FTC and then back in the smoker for an hour or two?
That's a new one on me. How well does it work? I'm up for trying just about anything once.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.