New 4 RACK ditigal- Still a smoker virgin

Started by allan_37, June 12, 2012, 03:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

is it not the same as a 3 - 2 -1 method, and 9 bisquets = 3 hours of smoke and the last two to insure all 9 bisquets get onto the burner.. now if he has bubba pucks or  equivalent then it  would be  9 and  2 or 3 bubba

KyNola

If I understand the 3-2-1 method it is 3 hours of smoke in the smoker, then the ribs wrapped in foil, etc and back in the smoker for 2 hours at the same smoker temp and then the 1 hour with the ribs unwrapped in the smoker at the same temp.

You lost me at taking the ribs out of the smoker for 2 hours and then putting them back in the smoker.  I may be 100% wrong.

TedEbear

Quote from: KyNola on June 13, 2012, 08:38:33 PMYou lost me at taking the ribs out of the smoker for 2 hours and then putting them back in the smoker.  I may be 100% wrong.

Yeah, I've never heard of taking the ribs completely out of the smoker for several hours in the middle of smoking/cooking them.  That's a new one to me and not something I would want to try.

I usually do a variation of the 3-2-1, especially with baby back ribs.  For those I might go 2-2-.5. For spare ribs I've been know to try 2-3-.5 with fall-off-the-bone tender results.

sjmcdowall

Someone else give this new method a try (independent verification is important in scientific endeavors like this! :) .  I'm doing a giant Tuscan Smoked Pork Roast and tri-tip this weekend or I would ..