Butt-Strami

Started by SamuelG, June 23, 2012, 07:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelG

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

It turned excellent.  I've heated it up  on a pan, but boiling the vac sealed bag keeps it super moist and tender.

Gracias
SamuelG

KyNola

Quote from: SamuelG on July 09, 2012, 07:25:58 PM
It turned excellent.  I've heated it up  on a pan, but boiling the vac sealed bag keeps it super moist and tender.
Gracias
I too have found that heating the pastrami in the vac bag works best for me too.  Super moist.  I don't boil it as such as boiling water can sometimes make the vac seal open.  I take the water to just below the boiling point and then turn the heat down and insert the bag. 20 or so minutes later it is perfect.

SamuelG

Quote from: KyNola on July 10, 2012, 07:25:12 AM
Gracias
I too have found that heating the pastrami in the vac bag works best for me too.  Super moist.  I don't boil it as such as boiling water can sometimes make the vac seal open.  I take the water to just below the boiling point and then turn the heat down and insert the bag. 20 or so minutes later it is perfect.

X2
SamuelG

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SamuelG on July 10, 2012, 07:32:04 AM
Gracias

X2
X3. I do it with poke butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 10, 2012, 07:53:40 AM
Quote from: SamuelG on July 10, 2012, 07:32:04 AM
Gracias

X2
X3. I do it with poke butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X4 I also reheat ribs that way.  ;D

wyogoob

Very nice.  I'm gonna have to try this one!
Life's been good to me so far.