Smoke generator not working......

Started by smccreary, June 24, 2012, 09:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smccreary

Hi,

I just got my brand new 4-rack Bradley Digital Smoker home, and the smoke generator (little area the briquettes sit on) does not heat up.

The other heating element and the digital box controls are working, so I don't think it is a power issue. I have unplugged and re-plugged everything and it just isn't going.

Are there anything else I can try? I live out of town so taking it back is going to be a huge pain in the ass. If I have to take it back I will go with a different brand. (From what I have read on the internet, other people seem to have had this problem. For $500 I expected this thing to at least turn on properly once.)

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

--steve

KyNola

Try this.  It won't void your warranty.  Turn the smoke generator upside down and remove the 8 screws around the perimeter.  Don't remove the ones in the center.  The smoke generator will open clamshell fashion.  Check all of the connections inside the generator.  Sometimes in shipment they can jar loose.

smccreary

smccreary

Now I'm getting an E1 error. Lovely.

Yecats

I have the same problem - just purchased this and I'm trying to season the smoker. I checked all of the connections - still not working. for this type of money, it should work right out of the box.

smccreary

K... the E1 message went away, but the problem isn't fixed. The god damn element won't start.

Does anyone know where I can buy a proper smoker that actually works?!?

Yecats

I'm with you. I wasted 5 hours trying to get the piece if s**t  working. Now, I'm boxing it and back the the f'n store.

smccreary

Well... at least I'm not alone, I guess. Specifically bought the expensive one so that I wouldn't run into this type of problem and I wouldn't have to drive all the way back to the city to return it. Ugh, there goes another Saturday...

Hopefully I can find a smoker that DOES work next week for my Canada Day party on Sunday.

TedEbear

Guys, before giving up on your new smokers you might read some trouble shooting ideas in the link below.  Specifically, look in the Digital Bradley Smoker section.

Bradley Smoker FAQ

smccreary

Quote from: TedEbear on June 24, 2012, 10:57:40 AM
Guys, before giving up on your new smokers you might read some trouble shooting ideas in the link below.  Specifically, look in the Digital Bradley Smoker section.

Bradley Smoker FAQ

I had already done that, but in desperation, I tried one more time and now it seems to actually be working.

Yecats: take it apart in the method described above, and detach and re-attach every connector in there. Something about the second time I did it appears to have done the trick..

Edit: and now it starts to rain, of course.......

Yecats

smccreary

I'll try it one more time - I've already done this three time....I'll let ya know.

Yecats

I repeated these steps 4 times.... the fourth time EUREKA! I HAVE SMOKE....Which is a good thing, 'cause the Salmon is ready to go. ;D

sjmcdowall

Glad you guys got the problem solved!  Also, Bradley support (granted, not the weekends) is also generally very very good and helpful .

Kahunas

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.