Pork Chops

Started by Grouperman941, June 24, 2012, 01:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

So, I was smoking a turkey breast, and the smoker looked a little empty.

I had just trimmed up a boneless loin to try Canadian bacon, and I cut a bunch of chops.

I wondered if I could just cook up the chops on the top rack while the turkey smoked, so I tried it.

The result looked like this:

Just under an hour -- juicy and delicious with just the right amount of smoke. I was using Jim Beam pucks. I went to 145 degrees.

I dried out the turkey breast, but it was still good (I read to go to 170, but probably should have stopped about 160). No pics of that. They disappeared from my camera somehow.

The bacon experiment continues this Tuesday.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

SiFumar

Pork chops look great!  I do that a lot, add more cause things look lonely...lol.  As long as you gots smoke rolling , why waste it?

ghost9mm

Mighty good lookin pork chops...good job...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Kahunas

Nice chops. I go 160 on turkey tit myself.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

mikecorn.1

Nice poke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

sjmcdowall

I had the same scenario when I was smoking my Canadian Bacon -- left over chops!  Yours looks awesome and 145 should be perfect for them.  For the T-breast, don't forget even at a low and slow -- there will be heat carry over for 20+ minutes cooking the meet, so take it out 5 or so before your "optimum" temp. and let rest .  Did you brine the bird before hand? That helps a TON as well.