4given

Quote from: Scotty-G on June 15, 2012, 12:02:45 AM
Since folks are sharin'

got my cabinet outside
made a few runs and it works great!
no smoke build up inside when its running
can operate in the rain, at night and can even keep the doors closed  :D
Hot and cold smoke capable

Scotty is that a dryer vent hose you used? Did you use the dryer vent cap on the outside?
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Scotty-G

At HomeDepot I found some rigid 4" aluminum tubing (I guess it is dryer vent hose).
and found in the same area of HomeDepot a connecting piece that transitions from 4" circlular to rectangle (dryer vent cap?).
Bent the outside rim to close the gap and backfilled with a strip of foam to seal.
On the outside put a screen mesh w/ cover vent slats.
If you want, I can try and get some picts of the outside, back, top where the vent cap is - just let me know.

viper125

I bought the ridgit PVC pipe for smoke stack and used the plastic mounting bracket for a toilet to fasten to my smoker. It has slots that still allow the vent to work if you ever use it. Easy to assemble,cheap and lasts a life time. I would also consider a drain if your stack is going up instead of out the wall. A t-fitting the bottom curve with a cap will work great. No dirty water or condensation driping into the smoker.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

4given

Quote from: Scotty-G on June 27, 2012, 09:16:45 AM
At HomeDepot I found some rigid 4" aluminum tubing (I guess it is dryer vent hose).
and found in the same area of HomeDepot a connecting piece that transitions from 4" circlular to rectangle (dryer vent cap?).
Bent the outside rim to close the gap and backfilled with a strip of foam to seal.
On the outside put a screen mesh w/ cover vent slats.
If you want, I can try and get some picts of the outside, back, top where the vent cap is - just let me know.

that would be cool. I am going to intall mine in my storage shed and need to vent the smoke so my lawnmower don't smell like hickory! :o
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

4given

Quote from: viper125 on June 27, 2012, 10:55:00 AM
I bought the ridgit PVC pipe for smoke stack and used the plastic mounting bracket for a toilet to fasten to my smoker. It has slots that still allow the vent to work if you ever use it. Easy to assemble,cheap and lasts a life time. I would also consider a drain if your stack is going up instead of out the wall. A t-fitting the bottom curve with a cap will work great. No dirty water or condensation driping into the smoker.

Mine is going out the wall.
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

viper125

I probably still add the drain for preventive measure as it is cheap.
Inside setup.

dsmiley

Quote from: hal4uk on June 26, 2012, 08:15:05 PM
I forgot who posted this mishap originally --- it was a year or two ago.
I just saved the image so I'd have it handy for responses to questions like this post.

No doubt, it involved a bit of "operator error", but hey --- you ever make a mistake?
Only takes one time.

I ain't telling anyone not to try it (some have done it safely for years)...
Got wife?  kids?  dog?
Bottom line: It's your house.

Someone might jackslap me (again) for my opinion on this matter. 
But, if just one of y'all are still alive next week cause I post sumthin' to think about, I really don't care.

P.S. ---- That mishap image ain't peculiar to Bradley Smokers.
Any smoker (or grill, or related fire-prone doo-dad) could burn down your house.
That's why they say "Outdoor Use Only".
Awrighten.

Thanks, Hal.  This brings up a good point.  I NEED a fire extinguisher on my smoking cabinet.  Never thought of it before.  I will be doing that ASAP.  I have a detached garage (100' from the house) and when it was built last year I had them put in a 6" vent in the back wall for the new kitchen range hood that I got for $40 from a guy who got stuck with 14 of them.  I had the hood, vent, and piping before the garage framing was done.  The garage will have heat this coming winter so I want to be smoking while I'm out there doing other things.  I live in Maine and winters can be nasty enough so that smoking on our open deck is just not something I want to do.  I do grill all winter out there but when I smoke I tend to spend lots of time with the smoker.  Why not be comfortable in the garage?  However, I understand your caution about this sort of thing because it is intended for "Outdoor Use Only".  And that is a scary photo!

Dean
"You will thank us for smoking."

Dean

viper125

Well I have two in my detached garage with the smoker. One by the door going in. and one closer to the smoker. Also have one in my car and truck outside the door. I don't ever go to far when smoking and have never sleep while smoking. Couldn't if i tried. Always set my maverick alarms. Always with me when I'm smoking. Always kept clean too!  I think a little common sense would prevent it. After all most accidents is a slight lack of it. Smoking is a big deal in this area and ive yet to see a house or garage fire. But have all the others I stated. Most people bring on their own troubles. Some dont worry enough and some are parinoid.
Inside setup.

hal4uk

Dangit, Viper!
There you go again...

I wuz just sayin' my piece to save all da innocent children and puppies and guppies and butterflies and such...
I'm coming to your house and eating all your fish!!!  So there!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

viper125

LOL! You are more than welcome at my house anytime! Hal4uk!  And we'll have a  big old fashion fish fry too! No bad intent meant. That flaming inferno scares the He!! out of me and I'm just afraid you'll scare all the newbie's away. Just trying to add a little temperance to that photo! Please don't take no offence as it is not meant! There are a lot of homes burnt down daily. Also a lot of lifes taken. Hopefully we'll both give them a lot to think about.
Oh and any idea what time you'll be here?
Inside setup.

Scotty-G

Quote from: 4given on June 27, 2012, 10:56:01 AM
Quote from: Scotty-G on June 27, 2012, 09:16:45 AM

that would be cool. :o

Here's pict from the back/outside looking at the vent.

hal4uk

Quote from: viper125 on June 29, 2012, 05:50:24 AM
I'm ready!!!

But...
Squirt's my chauffeur...   ;D
(had to fire 10.5 somewhere in downtown Houston)...  :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Quote from: hal4uk on June 29, 2012, 10:33:56 PM
Quote from: viper125 on June 29, 2012, 05:50:24 AM
I'm ready!!!

But...
Squirt's my chauffeur...   ;D
(had to fire 10.5 somewhere in downtown Houston)...  :o

That was the Monkey's fault. Besides we had to wake you up somehow
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

If you are handy you could assemble and install a CO2 extinguisher system like they use in the engine rooms on boats and over restaurant grills. If it does go off because of fire you can still eat the food while you contemplate what might have been.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

I have thought of the co2 route. LOL
As for fish! We eat them 2-3 times a week usually. I prefer the Yellow Perch we catch in the 3/4 to 1 1/4 lb range. But the Walleye is a close second. My wife's a great cook also. Perch just melts in your mouth like a little dab of heaven. Sorry no smoke on them their flavor is just too light. Either deep fri with a light batter. Or bake, but one thing i learned and a lot scoff at. With a good fish and fresh. I like to put a fillet or two on a plate with a few dabs of butter, then microwave on normal setting while watching it. When the translucent flesh turns white stop right a way. Apply salt and pepper for taste and a little parsley for looks. Just dont get any better. Learned this from a Lake erie old time captain. He always kept just one or two fish a day for his supper. Did this right on the boat at the dock.
Now mind you I HATE MICROWAVES but he insisted and i tried. My wife never liked fish unbreaded till this. And she loves it. Best down with perch or walleye to preserve the light flavor.
I fish Lake erie and Im sad for those who don't! That store bought even at the fresh fish counter sucks big time. We always stalk to the point we last out till the following summer. And always freeze solid in water to remain fresh.
Think i heard the wife say perch and fries are about ready!  ::)
Inside setup.