The Bresaola Experiment

Started by devo, May 27, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

I have not looked at my Bresaola in a few days so I thought I should check on it. Looks to be doing very well.  :)

Kevin A

I look forward to seeing how this turns out! Looks great so far!

Kevin

sjmcdowall

Looks great!  What style "salami's" are hanging next to it?

devo

Going to let it loose another 235g before I test it out. Starting to firm up very nicely

MidKnightRider

Man that looks like its going to be so good!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

Keymaster

so is there a reason why you cut the strings? Sure is white and purty :)

devo

Quote from: Keymaster on June 20, 2012, 04:21:32 PM

Never cut the strings Aaron, just out of the picture from what I can tell

Keymaster

Quote from: devo on June 20, 2012, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: Keymaster on June 20, 2012, 04:21:32 PM

Never cut the strings Aaron, just out of the picture from what I can tell
I thought what you meant by "letting it loose" you cut some string but I see now thanks!! You all spell diferent in canada like Colour we spell color and Loose we spell lose.  Soury ;)

devo

Who said I can Spele  ??? ???

devo

Cut when it lost about 35% of it's green weight.

The small piece I sliced up with out the casing on

Sliced

Not something I would do again for myself. Tastes alright but nothing I would go out of my way for.

mikecorn.1

WOW! NICE color you got on those.
Mike

3rensho

Looks good but the meat is a lot fatter than the Italian stuff.  Try this, make a layer one slice deep on a platter.  Squeeze some fresh ripe lemon juice over it - dropwise.  From a lemon, not from a bottle or one of those plastic things.  Drizzle a bit of single varietal EVOO over it.  Let sit for 20 min and then give it a taste.  That's the way we eat it.  Also works a treat for uncooked artichoke hearts sliced literally paper thin.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

SamuelG

That looks insane! That one of my favorites to make and eat.

:) :) :)

....sorry it was not what you expected.
SamuelG

devo

Quote from: 3rensho on July 02, 2012, 09:56:29 AM
Looks good but the meat is a lot fatter than the Italian stuff.  Try this, make a layer one slice deep on a platter.  Squeeze some fresh ripe lemon juice over it - dropwise.  From a lemon, not from a bottle or one of those plastic things.  Drizzle a bit of single varietal EVOO over it.  Let sit for 20 min and then give it a taste.  That's the way we eat it.  Also works a treat for uncooked artichoke hearts sliced literally paper thin.

Ya tried all that stuff, just not my cup of tea. Must be something you grow up on as I can't see the or should I say taste the experience you have with it.