I received an E-mail today from a respected member

Started by Oldman, March 14, 2006, 02:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I received an E-mail today from a respected member here. In it he express I "Flamed" Seminole  on the thread Kielbasa. He expressed that my treatment of Seminole might cause others not to post here.

To that end I do apologize. It is not my intent to run anyone off. I think that it might be in best interest for all if I just moved on from this place. *Sic* I'm sure Bradley would be glad to see me move on. Other than the late joiners you all know I've done all that can be done to move Bradley along concerning this site.

If anyone has a need to contact me you can do so via the recipe site. Posting here will not bring a reply as I do not see myself returning to this site.  I'm tired of being wrong when things sit badly with me and I express them. I've grown tired of trying to make this the best smoker place on the net...Bradley withstanding or not.

There are enough good members now here to carry that torch. My life is to short to worry about always crossing and dotting my T s and my I s.
With that I say.. smoke on and enjoy the good eats of life. Cya you all around the net some time.
Later,
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

DarrellS

Olds

I wish you would reconsider and stay. I enjoy you're postings. Even though I seldom post I read the forum several times a day.

Darrell

iceman

Sorry to hear some one ruined the forum for you Olds. Maybe it is time for some of us to bail. Oh well it was fun. See you on another site soon. Hope you give it one more chance.[:(]

icerat4

NOT SO FAST OLDS.O no ya dont.Theres an olds saying varity is the spice of life.HERES ANOTHER some ya win some ya lose.Hummm over 2600 post and great info here and thats it because someone took what ya said the wrong way .Your intitled to say what you need to here YOU EARNED THE RIGHT [;)].Ive only been here a short time but i think all is ok with all the post. Sometimes opinions differ but thats going to happen with everything out here.I know you have a lot on your plate with all you have going on but you are surly needed here.My plea here is dont leave as the fun is just starting with the new bradley comming out and many new people to join.Just sit back take a deep breath and relax.NO worries. Please reconsider your thoughts as all us newbies need ya and all the others who will follow ya so lets keep this crazy lil family together.[:D]If not and you decide to leave your comment and service here will always be reconized for your outstanding contributions here.So til later rat out  si ya.Soon[:D]

gary_CO

Yea, what Icerat said!

The nature of the medium causes hard feelings sometimes. I'm sure if you and the other poster were talking verbally over a cold brew it would have been a great conversation. Wording is harsh sometimes and instills a defensiveness that is not intended. Then everyone gets defensive, and anger follows.

If both you guys were in my presence, I'd offer ya a homebrew and try to get everyone to chill out.

My new ET-73 is bonkers and my smoke generator quit smoking on Friday, causing me to waste a full "30 day aged" brisket. I was pissed for awhile, but why waste the only time I'll pass thru this moment?

Phone Guy

Gordon

While I feel that Olds has a lot to offer any site, that thread sure made me think twice about answering it.  And I did not either.

Not that my opinion or answer would have counted for much anyway - but I did not want to take the chance.

Seminole seemed sincere/non malicious to me.  Anybody can be wrong, even old people.  I don't see why either of them should leave over it.

All of this is moot of course, as Oldman said he does "not see himself returning" to read any of this anyway - but I hope Seminole reads it.  He has just as much to offer this site as any of us do.

Gordo
Unskyled layber

iceman

Ditto Phone Guy. I don't know what was said to Olds but it really ticked him off! I can understand his frustration about the sausage thread. He was just trying to get us to think a bit and was willing to share with us when we got close. I guess we're SOL now. To bad. He was trying to tell us something and someone kept deviating off the tract and that upset him a little to much. I sincerely hope he gets a breath of fresh air and comes back. The guy is under a lot of pressure right now. I just hope I get a chance to talk to him soon and figure something out. This is one of the better sites to visit and I don't like seeing this type of thing happen.[:(]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />"Can't we all just get along?"

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

boxertrio

damn...damn...damn...this bites.  Olds put alot into this forum, damn..damn...damn I hate drama on forums

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boxertrio</i>
<br />...damn I hate drama on forums<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well said.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

3rensho

A while ago I almost posted the link that Seminole did - glad I didn't.  I took Seminole's post as a sincere contribution, in the spirit of the thread and it provided interesting information.  More food for thought as it were.  When I am trying to solve a problem like trying to guess Old's secret recipe I appreciate as much input as I can get.  I've learned a tremendious amount about smoking, sausage making, food handling, etc. from this forum and consider it a valuable resource.  However flaming someone like that, particularly a new comer, is totally uncalled for.  That is the stuff of news groups unfortunately but it has no place on this forum as far as I am concerned.

Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

icerat4

This is not a compitition fourm here so if the heat gets to hot in the kitchen get out.All this TALK is  just up and back stuff you see all the times on fourms no biggie have your opinions and then  move on next subject.Remember where theres smoke theres fire lol.KEEP SMILING EVERYONE [:D][:D][:D].

whitetailfan

Generally I keep to myself on this kind of stuff, it's just bad "forum karma" to paraphrase Owrstrich.  However, I sometimes think my 2 cents might help.  In fact maybe that's where I should start - see My 2 Cents thread.

Some of you all are forgetting the title of this thread "an e-mail from a Respected Member", I see quick judgement passed upon some unknown face who ruined someones day, yet by Olds own words this is not a newcomer or troublemaker.

I perceived a harshness his response.  Justified or not, that is debateable and I'm not interested in re-hashing it.  Ironically the thread was hi-jacked at the end to speak of Rayetheon and family history, 8 posts worth, by at least 6 members, and no repercussion was found there.

I respect Olds and have been here a long time.  I have always supported him in a positive manner in heated items, and we have been through SN, our friend in Texas, and some others that memory fails me for.

I'm not going to raise a flag for Olds or Seminole.  There's 2 sides to every arguement, and I see the validity of both here.  No judgement.

We have moved on from much harsher stuff than this, and I think one day Olds will be back, he just needs some down time.  If it is permanent, I for one know it was a long time coming.  If you haven't been here long enough to see it, it is tough to explain, but this is not the first post that I have tried to be a mini-mediator in.

I hope to see him back, but neither pleading, nor pouncing on others, is going to make it happen.

If DoW-Oldman, Oldman, Olds (ya I've been here that long[;)]) is staying away, I will see him on his recipe site.  I'll see the rest of you here soon.

Peace and Smoke

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

manxman

Wise words whitetailfan, I could not have put it better and I agree with a lot of what you said.

Manxman.
Manxman

MallardWacker

Fan of White Bambie's,

You speaketh well.  Lets all move on, there's bacon to make and ducks to kill.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...