Temp/time?

Started by dAWGS, July 06, 2012, 10:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dAWGS

Alot of recipes call for 200f....for "x" amount of time.     Can I mess it up if I dropped the temp and raised the time?   Eg. 180 for an extra 2 hours maybe?

mikecorn.1

Depends of what it is that you are cooking? More info would help, what are you cooking/smoking. Does it have cure in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

dAWGS

No cure.....let's just say brisket.     The timing may not be good for me and I'm not getting up at 3am to start it.   So I'm wondering if I can drop the temp and start it a little earlier

mikecorn.1

I've never tried to do that. I don't see why you couldn't. As long as you keep the temp 180 or above you will be ok. You can also smoke the meat and then put it in your home oven to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Up In Smoke

dawgs,
here is some information that may be helpful.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-FOOD-POISONING-AND-FOOD-HYGIENE-PART-1
i am not sure if this is what you are asking but it is great information to have.
There are two parts to this and it is a good read.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Consooger

why are you trying to prolong the cook time?
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Consooger on July 07, 2012, 05:19:18 AM
I think he said up above that he likes to sleep  ;) ;D
Mike

Consooger

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 07, 2012, 06:21:23 AM
Quote from: Consooger on July 07, 2012, 05:19:18 AM
I think he said up above that he likes to sleep  ;) ;D

this is what I get for opening my mouth after a 14 hour work day/night/morning   :-X
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife