Vipers not so secret secret recipe! Shuuush!

Started by viper125, July 04, 2012, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well every one shares so much here and i copy so figured Id share a sauce I came up with. Really not sure when I started but Believe i was about 16. I loved to make my own things way back them even. And over the years I have tweaked it. Constantly trying others but always coming back to this basic recipe. every one always compliments on it. But really never thought about sharing it. Although I have done it when asked many times. So here goes if you like please comment honestly. My skins tough and Id like to know if its just friends and family being nice or is really as good as they say. Most times I even make my own Ketchup recipe as Kind of feels like stealing using store bought. LOL But its quicker and easier.

Vipers Not so secret BBQ recipe!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider (Or apple juice)
2 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons Kosher salt (or any uniodized salt.)
2 teaspoons black Butcher pepper
2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
2 teaspoons Onion Powder (not Salt)

2 dashes Red hot Brand pepper sauce( 1/2 -1 teaspoon)

Directions
In a pan add apple cider or juice add paprika,kosher salt,Pepper,garlic,onion powder and stir till well mixed. Then add cider or juice,Red hot and stir till well mixed. Add ketchup and keep stirring to every thing is blended well. Bring to boil stirring often .

This will fill a large ketchup bottle Approximately.. Cut back on the brown sugar to make it less sweet, and the red hot to soften the pepper bite. I recommend adding red hot after done mixing to taste. Black pepper is just fine Believe me.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Easy peasey and I have all the ingredients. Thanks for posting.  :)
Mike

Up In Smoke

Bookmarked ,Thanks for taking the time to post  :)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

SamuelG

Thanks Viper!

I'll make some this week.

:) :) :)
SamuelG

viper125

Well me again! Back for something I like to think i dont do much. Brag!!!! Just got done polishing off about a half of rack of ribs the wife cooked. Now she cooked them in the oven so I did add a couple caps of hickory smoke. And she used apple juice as we always do. But other wise the same sauce I posted. Now I probably shouldn't but they are the all time ,flat out best tasting BBQ I have ever ate bar none. The sauce is a sweet sauce which I dont usually prefer, and the heat isnt much which is weird for me. But the BBQ Glase your left with after an hour or so of baking is excellent all most  a honey. Been changing this sauce since young. Lately just minor measurements, but this is now my go to. And it really sets Jan's rub off and this time we used Toms  TMB's rub and it was just excellent Thanks Tom. Sorry no pics as Im still having sever health problems. But i promise some in the future.  And you guys better copy that recipe before i decide to start selling it. LOL. Oh and sorry for the braggin jut couldn't help myself. Blame it on the meds! LOL
Inside setup.

Smoker John

Thanks Viper for sharing your bbq recipe, I hope to try it soon along with Jan's rub.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

SiFumar

Well that sounds good!  Thanks for sharing!

Consooger

gonna give this a whirl, sounds like a sweet style sauce, which I like.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Hedlyna

Gonna give this a whirl tomorrow on some Sls ribs. Thanks for the share

Adam

viper125

I believe you'll like it. But now beginning to wonder since so many was but no one comented on good or bad. Be sure to let me know.
Inside setup.

smoke em if you got em

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a good simple sweet sauce recipe. Just need to get some more dry mustard and I'll give it a shot. Did you say you make your own ketchup? I've been wanting to try that myself. Would you mind posting your favorite home made ketchup recipe?

Thanks
Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

viper125

Well this is what I use. Of coarse being who I am I also add a 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper. But that's up to you. I also adjust water to the thickness I want by waiting and adding it at the end.
Imitation Heinz Ketchup
1/4 cup Water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 TBS sugar
1 tespoon salt

Combine every thing in a sauce pan

except water over medium heat. Stir till

smooth. Bring to a boil then simmer 20-

30 minutes while stirring constantly.

Add water if needed to bring to right

consisity. Cover till cool then store in

refrigerator. makes 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups.
Inside setup.

Hedlyna

Definitely will. I'll give you mine and the wife's opinion

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

smoke em if you got em

Quote from: viper125 on July 21, 2012, 03:17:54 PM
Well this is what I use. Of coarse being who I am I also add a 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper. But that's up to you. I also adjust water to the thickness I want by waiting and adding it at the end.
Imitation Heinz Ketchup
1/4 cup Water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 TBS sugar
1 tespoon salt

Combine every thing in a sauce pan

except water over medium heat. Stir till

smooth. Bring to a boil then simmer 20-

30 minutes while stirring constantly.

Add water if needed to bring to right

consisity. Cover till cool then store in

refrigerator. makes 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups.
Thanks. I'll give it a try
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

Hedlyna

Just finished my ribs with your sauce.  Very good!!! When I first tasted off of the stove it tasted a little garlicy, but once it cooled and settled it went very well on the ribs with Jan's and molasses. Thanks again

Adam