Undecided!

Started by unique1, March 15, 2006, 12:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unique1

I ordered my BS from Canadian tire, it finally came in after a month but now i am debating if i should wait for the new digital BS or should i just go ahead and buy this one? What are some of the differences between the two?[?]

Thunder Fish

I love my Bradley..............but in your shoes I would want to wait for the new one.Size I know for one thing ,6 racks in the new one vs 4 in the older one.I also read somewhere they have upgraded the temp controlller   ?   ?   ?   ?  
Terry

bubbagump

Unique - I would definitely wait to see what the new models look like. It won't be long now and they'll be out.

I have a friend in a similar position. He wants to get one too, but even though he's chomping at the bit to get it he has decided to wait to see what the new one's are like.

Bubbagump

manxman

Hi unique1,

Have a look at:

www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/products/smoker/digital.htm

although this is the 240V European model,the specs on the 110V model are identical other than voltages.

I would be inclined to hang on and check out the new model, there is sure to be some feedback here on the forum pretty soon after it's release around May 2006 so there is not that long to wait.

Have you unpacked the one you received?

Manxman.
Manxman

icerat4

I had my bs for about a month now.I love it so much the next one is on the preorder list already 6 rack plus temp control.Count me in .Call chez bubba to get on this list be the frist on your block with the new bs.[:D]

Kummok

Dang, Unique1, yer struggling too hard on this one.......it's obvious to me that, with such a passion building up about smoking, you'll need more than one.....BUY BOTH!![;)][:D][:p]
(I'm up to three Bradleys now, although in my case I'm starting to wonder if the passion hasn't turned into an obsession?!?!?[:p][:p][;)])

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

smokin stu

I see your point Kummok.  My wife likes me cooking all the time, but I see a look of worry from her every now and then as to my level of committment.  There is something about cooking big pieces of meat outside, with smoke, over a long period of time.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />...(I'm up to three Bradleys now, although in my case I'm starting to wonder if the passion hasn't turned into an obsession?!?!?[:p][:p][;)])...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Only if you start naming them....Kummok...Hummm have you??

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

iceman

More is better!!! I've got four smokers going now and six smoke generators. (2 generators each for the big smokers I built). Ann has names for them all right, but I'm not allowed to use that kind of language. Oh, and she also has a nick name for me when I tell her I can't work on the house cause I smokin. ##$%***##!!! You can get the picture.[:D] Smoke on guys.[;)] Hey Kummok, I think I might have scored a cabinet for you in Fairbanks. I'm going up in a few weeks and I'll look into it. My buddy is holding on to it until I can see it. He owes me a freebie so it might work out if you want it.

Kummok

Cool, Iceman (pun intended!) I'm interested......'Gus', 'Newt', and 'Woodrow' can always use more company!! (Guess that answers the "naming them" question, MW![;)][:D]) Let me know details when you can......

BTW, Iceman, unless you're in this smoking thing commercially, you DEFINITELY hold the "Most Bradleys for Personal Use" record as far as I know!! That AND $3.50 will buy you a coffee in Anchorage[;)]  (Sunny & warm down here today....ice/snow is going fast!)

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

unique1

thanks for all of the info guys! ive decided to wait and see what the new digital smokers are going to be like before i make my decision [8)] unlike most of you guys i think ill only get 1 smoker [;)] thanks again!