More Blazin' Pistachios in the Bradley

Started by KyNola, July 05, 2012, 09:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

First, credit where credit is due.  Seemore came up with this recipe.  Jan and I later tweaked it a bit to our liking but Seemore gets all the credit.

3 lbs of pistachios with the seasoning mix.  Seasoning mix for our version is 5 tbsps melted butter, 1 cup of Tabasco Green Hot Sauce, 1 cup of the brine from a jar of pickled jalapenos, 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce, 1 & 1/2 tsp of salt or your favoite rub.  Combine all ingredients and place in the Reveo with the nuts.  No Reveo?  Don't sweat it, combine everything in a big bowl and stir through until the nuts are thoroughly coated.

Next, into the Bradley on frogmats for 2 hours at 230F with your favorite smoke.  Rotate racks every hour top to bottom, front to back.  After the smoking period drop heat to 200 and continue drying.

Good stuff!

squirtthecat

Tasty!  And you won't use much electricity today to get to 230F.....    :o

sage03

mikecorn.1

Mmmmmm! Pistachios, those are gonna be good!
Mike

KyNola

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 05, 2012, 10:18:02 AM
Tasty!  And you won't use much electricity today to get to 230F.....    :o
My Bradley sits on a covered screened in porch and had a cover on it.  When I fired it up it immediately read 101 degrees. :o  I preheated it and it shot to 264 degrees in no time.  It's also 100 degrees on my screened in porch and we're not to the hottest part of the day yet. :P

Tenpoint5

Looks really good Larry. reminds me I have a bunch of Cashews to Kick up for the Smoke Out
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Those are gonna be soooo gooood.

I need to make another batch also, just not so hot this time, the girls were complaining.  ::)

SouthernSmoked

em' nutz sure r gonna be good!

I magine em' shure r tastee!

Looking Good!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

pensrock

Those are really good, Thanks Seemore for the idea/recipe. I like you took his recipe and tweeked it for me, I use some Starnes in mine along with Franks Xhot Red Hot sauce and whatever else I got laying around.  ;D

KyNola

For the 1 & 1/2 tsp of salt or Rub I used Bourque's Cajun Seasoning out of Port Barre LA thanks to my Xmas exchange partner.

For my taste these nuts are spicy enough. :)

Consooger

YUM YUM YUM YUM those look very tasty.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

OU812

SNIPERS215

Made them yesterday... OUTSTANDING !!   8)
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR