Considering a Bradley Smoker!

Started by damien2003gt, March 16, 2006, 12:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Icerat4;

You speak as if Chez and the site administrator are two different people. They are one in the same. So if Chez does not mind I see no reason for begolf to remove his link from this site; this is a public forum.

I purchased my BS from Chez in August, 2004; and will continue to make purchases from him.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

GUYS it was just my opinion and thats it no need for the replys.I didnt mean to have it sound like your a ebay scamer either so sorry if was taken that way.Once again i wasnt trying to do anything here wrong i understand all points of view here believe me.I will not give anymore opinion here in this fourm i see what it does.Now i know how olds feels with a reply that really didnt mean much .SORRY GUYS ill keep my opinions to my self here and just stick to the SMOKIN PART.Once again keep smokin[:D]

manxman

Tell you what icerat4, I am looking forward to your review of the new 6 rack digital model as will a lot of people methinks![;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

begolf25

Seeing that they are coming out with a digital model makes me wish I held out a little longer.  Who am I kidding, I woouldn't give back this last month of owning a Bradley if you paid me.  I am also looking forward to building my PID.  I am sure down the road I will end up with a digital model so I can't wait to here how they are working out.

icerat4

I am sure all will be ok with this new 6 rack. I say this because even if there are issues with it. From what i have seen around here there customer service is outstanding.So no worries.Although the best set up ive seen here so far and would love to get would be the set up the iceman has now thats a smoker[:D].Did you guys see his set up WOW.Chez will open the frist one he gets. The next one comes home to the RAT.I will give a full review as i am sure chez will too.I have to say this bs i have now is no problem with temp control and walking out to my shed to check every once in a while is no biggie and everything except the corn beef brisket i made has come out great.So like i said im like a kid waiting to go to disney waiting for my new toy LOL.Si ya guys around here later.[8D]

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">bs i have now is no problem with temp control and walking out to my shed to check every once in a while is no biggie <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yeah, I agree. I just have the Maverick remote with me when I am in the house or garden and occasionally go check the BS itself. I rarely have a problem and whilst more control would be nice, I certainly do not see it as essential. Sure others may see it differently.

Once you have used the BS a few times you get to have a feel for the way it will behave, on more than one occasion I have gone out for a few hours without any mishaps.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">down the road I will end up with a digital model so I can't wait to here how they are working out.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Next time around though I will be getting the digital model![}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

icerat4

Yea this low and slow routine is just up my ally.Just like me low and slow.[:p]And what you said is very correct once ya get a handle on what to expect as far as temps its a breeze to time stuff on with no worries.I am buying the new one because i have money to burn and its my turn for a new toy at my house.LOL[:D]But i think 2 bs will be it for me.[;)]If by chance iceman would built me his set up im in on that also.OK that would be it.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />I have purchased a couple of bits off Chez, I live across the pond in Britain and Chez went to so much trouble to send me some bubba pucks and even purchased a Maverick ET-73 from a third party and sent it to me.... no money in it for him but that's the sort of person he is. I would thoroughly recommend him to anyone and my BS displays the Chez Bubba "fridge" magnet with pride![}:)]

However in my view begolf25 is quite free to advertise his business here on the forum, quite a few members have something to sell and as has been discussed before, as long as everyone is up front about it and it does not dominate their posts it is not an issue. It's a free world and people are free to chose who they buy from.

It is the people who have come on the forum with an alterior motive who have had short shift and have soon disappeared, begolf25 was up front from the beginning and does not fit in this category.

At the end of the day we are all in the BS "family", I have owned a couple of smoker previously and for the money, the BS cannot be beaten in my view.

Manxman.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry all, I was not going to return to these forums but after receiving an E-mail concerning this thread I feel I must address this issue as I'm part of this matrix.

begolf25 asked me not Chez concerning this issue. I'm admin on the recipe site not here. (I believe he is confused.) He explained how he is currently is doing business on eBay and his plans for the future.

After checking his rating on eBay I got back with him and explained the following as my take on this type of situation.
<ul>
1. That any member of good standing who has a business related or not related to smokin' has as much right as anyone else to make that known.
2. And as such, once he has established himself in this area and has a following such as Chez does then I would add him to the Approved Vendors List. We all know to get on that list a vendor must be brought to the table by more than one member.
3. That once he has an established web site the more places he post his addy the better for ranking with the search engines.</ul>

If someone does not think posting your website addy is not important then copy the following into a Google window: <b>Commercial Carpet Cleaning Tampa bay</b> and see who has the #1 rank on the 1st page. [:D]

Type this in Google: <b>Commercial Carpet Cleaning Tampabay </b>and see who has the #2 ranking on the first page.[:D]

Getting my address out on forums along with a few other "tricks" is how I got those rankings.  

Unlike the trouble makers of last year, Bryan was very up front with me, and he was concerned that what has happened on this thread would happen.

Will I do business with Bryan? No. I'm a follower of Chez. I do business with Chez,

However, being a follower of Chez certainly does not give me the right to tell an honest Bradley Dealer that he cannot make it known that he is a Bradley Dealer on the Bradley supplied forums.  Business does not work that way.

Will Bryan make it here in the same vein as Chez? I doubt it. However, as long as he is an up-standing dealer he has the right to try.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

smokin stu

I had a Canadian Tire water tower smoker for three years.  You know the one, a black version of R2D2.  I enjoyed the results but could only use it on sunny, windless days.  I picked up my BS at a fire sale.  Went there to pick up a goose call, and notices a smoke damaged BS box.  The price was right and I figured a smoker should be bale to handle some smoke!

I have just sold the old unit as I can not see me going back to R2D2 now that I have  BS.  I had the BS smoking away on mt back deck when it was around -15-20 celcius and windy.  The BS doesn't seem to care, although I only had two racks of ribs in it.

I like how you can use it year round, is clean and easy to use.  I have a Maverick ET-72 and will be picking up an ET-73 soon, so temperature chcking is a cinch.  

My buddy is looking at the new units, a six racker when it comes out.....  its killing me.

Overall, I happened on the BS by accident, bought it on a whim, and it has quickly enterd the inner circle of prized possesions.

begolf25

Stu,
I just purchased a Maverick 73 last week and used it for the first time while doing a rack of baby backs this weekend.  I am really glad I purchased it now because I was getting a 10 degree temp. difference between the Maverick and my door thermometer.  I can't wait to see how much of a varience I get between my Maverick, door thermometer and PID once I get it built.

icerat4

Temps have never been a problem with me .But i will be getting a 6 rack bs.I have used the internal temp which is all i really need.I usally do a taste test and check the foods inside to see if where it needs to be thats it.No other tools required.LOL[:D]

smokin stu

I called the Maverick distributor for Canada and he told me that the first shipment of ET-73's are due in a couple of weeks.  I plan on buying one of the first ones.  They should be sold at Home Hardware, that is what I am told.

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />Temps have never been a problem with me .But i will be getting a 6 rack bs.I have used the internal temp which is all i really need.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Rat - Just curious, what are you using to monitor your box temp.

Bubbagump

Chez Bubba

Guys,

I hate to re-derail the thread now that it seems to have gotten somewhat back on track, but feel my input is necessary. There's no huge internet conspiracy going on here.

I think Olds is on the right track & I think his post is spot-on. begolf25 never contacted me about this issue. He's not required to.

Whether he was confused about whom he spoke with or if he got blessing from someone at Bradley doesn't really matter. If Bradley told him OK, hey, it is <b><u>their</u></b> website! I am <b><u>an</u></b> administrator, not <b><u>the</u></b> administrator.

I participate here because of the comraderie, not to sell smokers. From begolf's posts, I suspect he is here for the same reason. I see nothing wrong with subtly noting that you sell a product (ie sig line) if your posts are about smoking & adding to the community. If half your posts are begging people to purchase from you, I feel that's detracting from the forum's purpose. That's the rule I try & stick to & the rules don't change just because I have "the power".

If begolf takes sales away from me by doing something better, good for him! It will only challenge me to do a better job.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

damien2003gt

Thanks boys.. I think I'll be going bradley.. What's the digi-model gonna retail for???????