OXYMORONS

Started by car54, July 12, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

My wife just had both her knees replaced at the same time. She needed more recuperation after her hospital visit was up and was sent to a nursing home for a few days. This is the brass sign that is on the outside of the building.

DRUG FREE?

AND THE REST OF THE STORY

I was layed off from work the day of the surgery and guess who I shared the waiting room with?
My boss (who I force myself to respect,) because his wife was having a surgery right before my wife!

Brad

Tenpoint5

Something tells me you wasn't a sitting right next to him talking about the weather now was you?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

car54

The waiting room was small. When thy can replace 2 knees in 90 minutes there are not many people in the room.

Habanero Smoker

I hope that your wife has a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear you were laid off, but it is good that you maintained a respectful attitude to your ex-boss. I'm sure he will remember that when the company starts bring employees back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Sailor

Brad, so sorry to hear about your wife and about your layoff.  Don't know about your boss and how he feels about his employees but I can assure you it is one of the hardest things a man can do is to lay someone off.  Bosses know that they are hurting families.  In this economy businesses have to do what ever they can to survive and many will not survive.  I know you have heard this before but I will state it again.  Everything happens for a reason.  There is a grand plan for you!  Have faith.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Jim

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

SiFumar

Wishing your wife a complete and speedy recovery!  The up side of you losing your job she has you to get her thru this.  Hopefully you won't be out of work to long.  You're a good man.

car54

I forgot to mention that the day of my layoff and my wife's surgery it was Friday the 13Th.
That also was our 38Th wedding anniversary. The 13TH does not bother me. My daughter was also born on the 13TH.

Brad