Vipers Cajun Death Dust.

Started by viper125, July 16, 2012, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well after trying so many things and even to the point of infusing flavors I came back to a basic formula with additives for different folks. My wife loves the mild and say's its as good or better then any she's tried. My son is more the hot type and me of coarse the Extreme.Or "Viper's Cajun Death Dust" if you will. The Basic Dust has a small quick bite and it's over. With the first aditive it's hot enough for most people. And using the death dust extream be very careful. The basic mixed with the extream is really Hot and I have tried it to 4 spoons which I dont think many will want except the real burn lovers. because it is real death dust. Got to Love them Ghost peppers. Let me know if you use it and like it.
Viper1

Basic Cajun Dust mixture "mild"

1 TBS Butcher pepper
1 TBS Granulated Garlic
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 TBS Onion powder
1 TBS Spanish Paprica
1 tsp Habenaro powder
1 TBS Red pepper seeds
1 TBS Parsley

Mix and grind to powder. Seal in air tight container.

Additive #1  Add 1 1/2 tsp of Additive #1 to basic Cajun Dust for "Hot" Cajun Dust

1 TBS Habenaro Powder
2 TBS Red Pepper Seeds.

Mix and grind and seal in air tight container.Mark additive 1 hot

Additive #2 For Extreamly  Hot or "Vipers Cajun Death Dust" add 2 tsp or more to basic dust.

1 TBS Habenero Powder
2 TBS Red Pepper seeds
1 TBS Ghost pepper Powder

Mix and grind and seal in air tight container.Mark aditive 2 Extream! Danger!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Mike

Up In Smoke

Sorry viper but you forgot one additive on the death dust.
Asbestos Britches  :o
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

cajunboudreaux

I will try this and let you know.. Thanks for sharing.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

viper125

Quote from: Up In Smoke on July 16, 2012, 02:34:58 PM
Sorry viper but you forgot one additive on the death dust.
Asbestos Britches  :o

Well I dont need them but if you try the extreme you better have some. LOL
Inside setup.

viper125

I also did this in a closed up spice grinder. Made it like dust. But when messing with peppers such as ghost peppers, it would be wise to use gloves and a  mask. LOL. I like the dust as the flavor seems more mixed and you can't pick any one spice out. I really love this blend even if I need three containers. Also a little tip. For those that eat KFC chicken we save the small plastic containers for spices and blends when you dont make to large of batch. Great for this also the sample rubs I make up in small batches.
Inside setup.

devo

I have to ask, just why in the world would you want something like this. I just don't get it. Hot is OK but if your burning off your taste buds than you people need to check yourself into a hospital because your missing a few brain cells.

viper125

Well to each their own Devo! I have a brother in law who thinks its about looking bad. Heard some say trying to be a man. So say were nuts and I really dont much care. I think people who don't are missing the brain cells. I love the heat. And simply think some can't handle it so they have to hate it. I eat it because I like it and enjoy the heat, the taste and the feeling I get when I do. It's kind of a high in its own right. And just the icing on the cake for food. LOL
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: devo on July 16, 2012, 06:06:33 PM
I have to ask, just why in the world would you want something like this. I just don't get it. Hot is OK but if your burning off your taste buds than you people need to check yourself into a hospital because your missing a few brain cells.

As Viper said. It is some what of a Rush for folks. There is something some where wrote about endorphins being released and all that crap. Sometimes it is just fun, to give it to your buddies without telling them it may have a little "Love on the Backside". Don't try to tell me you've never done it! Heck I do it to my kids! Not anything super Hot, They all know if Dad is telling you to try it that it could be hot. They get nervous, they giggle, but they try it. Even though they have a pretty good idea of what is going to happen. Bragging right's among them especially if one chickens out.

You have to work your way up to the insanely hot. Just be smart enough to know when to quit.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

devo

QuoteJust be smart enough to know when to quit.
Exactly. There are countless posts on the net of people eating peppers or drinking hot sauce so friken hot they ended up in the hospital.
99.9 % of all this hot stuff out there has no taste other than the burn, but hey if you want to burn your stomach lining out be my guest. If you find it all good your a better man then I am  :P

OU812

I put hot sauce on every thing,,,,,,,,,,so do a couple of my kids.  ::)

Thanks for the recipes Viper we'll defiantly give them a shot.

Oh Ya,,,,,,,,I were a full face respirator when grindin peppers.  :o

viper125

Quote from: devo on July 17, 2012, 07:33:52 AM
QuoteJust be smart enough to know when to quit.
Exactly. There are countless posts on the net of people eating peppers or drinking hot sauce so friken hot they ended up in the hospital.
99.9 % of all this hot stuff out there has no taste other than the burn, but hey if you want to burn your stomach lining out be my guest. If you find it all good your a better man then I am  :P

Well you can read any thing on the net. But in all my life and knowing people that eat hot beyond the limit I know of know one in person ever going to the hospital. Personally I think its the people who don't like or afraid to eat it that ,makes them up.
As far as hurting your stomach that's a real laugh, As I use to have ulcers. Found it was tomatoes and that type of acid food causing it. Hot peppers has a chemical to heal stomach's and ulcers. And haven't had any ulcer or stomach problem since i started eating them really hot. Now is it possible it might make some people sick,yes any thing is possible. But I know a ton of people just like me and know of known.
As far as giving people the hot stuff i eat as a joke! No Way in He!!. I use to with regular peppers. But the stuff i eat burns most pepper eaters also. Every body has a limit some where. As far as no taste there is a limited number used strickly for heat and serve their purpose. I know of know one who eats them for taste. But the rest each have their own. Some I love some I don't.
Also yes there is bragging rights but mostly enjoyment.
What I really hate is why do people who have never ate any thing that hot have to cut others down that does? Do you like sushi well don't want to know what i think of people who will eat raw fish either. But wouldn't try to tell them its wrong either.
Devo!  I find you posts enjoyable and informative. I also think your a very nice guy and would be honored to smoke and meet you. But I believe your out of your realm here buddy. LOL Because it is just me and what I do. Nothing right wrong or any better then any one  else.
Inside setup.

devo

QuoteDevo!  I find you posts enjoyable and informative. I also think your a very nice guy and would be honored to smoke and meet you. But I believe your out of your realm here buddy. LOL

OH REALLY  :o :o :o

viper125

Quote from: devo on July 17, 2012, 11:20:37 AM
QuoteDevo!  I find you posts enjoyable and informative. I also think your a very nice guy and would be honored to smoke and meet you. But I believe your out of your realm here buddy. LOL

OH REALLY  :o :o :o

Well yes, you apparently don't like real hot stuff. So you really haven't experienced it. LOL And like I said you can read any thing! Not trying to insult or say any thing negative to you. But I do have some recipes you did and they were great. LOL
Inside setup.