RIP Ronald Wilson Reagan

Started by Chez Bubba, June 12, 2004, 05:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Just watched the funeral, very moving, needed Kleenex. It's hard to look back & realize how much he did for our country & the world.

I'm full behind the movement to replace Hamilton on the $10 with him.

Class act.[:(]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Sorry Chez but I have different feelings about Ronald Wilson Reagan.  While he might have done some really great things his administration sure screwed over many folks who were disabled on social security.

I speak about this as my step father had to have most of his neck removed from the top of his head to the spine. They cut it vertically. The Chief surgeon of Emery University Hospital wrote that Steve would never be able to work again. The only way his head would sit up right was with a very special collar.

As you know Ronald Wilson Reagan at that time created on heck of a shortage in money. There was much more going out than coming in. So to help stop some of the outgoing his administration cut across the board thousands, and thousand of Americans off from their SS Including Steve.

Ya years later they got their money that was owed to them. However, their lawyer took much of that; not to mention the extra work and years it added to my  mother's age. My only hope is that now Ronald Wilson Reagan is gone he ends up where Steve is at. So he can explain it. He better be good at it as Steve in his time was one heck of a Vet.

If I saw Ronald Wilson Reagan today and he was on flames I would not even ...... What he did to my family and so many thousands of American families out weighs whatever good he might have done.

It is easy for those who did not have to deal with his administration to say nice things about him.  It is another for those of us who won in court, and before my folks even got their back money to be again dumped from SS. Yes three times we won, and three times–within weeks–were again removed from SS.

May Ronald Wilson Reagan live in H###!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Last Mrk

I'm with Chez on this one.

I'm sorry to hear about your stepdad's disability but the Reagan administration did not repeal or in any way change SSDI. What they did do was to increase the scrutiny of applications. That is something we should hope is done for anyone seeking government entitlements. Maybe the blame should be on the shoulders of whomever investigated your families claims and on the lawyers that took most of the $ later on. (I do know that in 1993 the Clinton administration increased the income taxes on my SS earnings however)

I bet you didn't mean what you said about your step dad and President Reagan.  [:I]

DoWOldman said. "May Ronald Wilson Reagan live in H###!"

And you also said  "My only hope is that now Ronald Wilson Reagan is gone he ends up where Steve is at."  [V]

Chez Bubba

Olds,

My knee-jerk action was just to delete your post. After re-reading it, I can tell there is some true personal sentiment there & it should stay for everyone to see.

I didn't post this topic to start a politics war. Sure, there are some things Reagan did that I didn't agree with either.

Regardless of party affilliation, he still was the commander-in-chief of our great country and his passing commands respect in my mind. My flag will fly at half-staff for the remaining 23 days, as it will for any US Prez who passes in the future.

Hail to the Chief,

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Last Mrk

Sir, it was wholesale on SS. You can believe what you would like to believe; however, I was there. The one lawyer we had here had over 20 cases of folks who had been on 100% disabled for years and then thrown out with the bath water.... So don't go talking about some run-away <b> whomever investigated your families claims</b> person. In fact we never had the same investigator twice. The last one told me face to face that what was happening was wrong but her directive came from higher up. That what was happening to my family was happening across the board to many thousands! Now get this clear: There where no reviews; no new evaluation; no nothing just a letter.

<b>Reagan administration did not repeal or in any way change SSDI</b> Never said they did. If they had then in the end my folks would have lost all 3 trials.

Let me lay this out for you.
1.) Your 100% disabled. <b><i>One half of your neck has been removed.</b></i>
2.) You get a letter from SS saying you are 100% able to work and they are stopping your benefits.
3.) Get a lawyer go to court. Win case. Get reinstated
4.) 45-60 days after reinstatement you get a letter from SS saying you are 100% able to work and they are stopping your benefits. All before you get your back SS monies that the court said was also owed to you.

Repeat the above cycle three times.  All of this happened during the Reagan administration.

As far as Clinton goes IMO he is the toilet's backside.  That cigar business in this country's "holiest" office will never wash with me.  Next seeing how you brought up taxes, rest assured I know more about paying taxes then the working person does . Our business pays taxes on items we own every year. Every year we pay the same tax dollar on the same item that was taxed last year and we paid for these item to begin with dollars that we already paid taxes on...so ya I know a little something about taxes. What does bother me today, something that you might want to take a look at is the $27,000.00 every man, woman, and child owes today against our current debt. And that dollar amount is growing. Seems the norm now is to buy now and pay later.

Chez <b>My flag will fly at half-staff for the remaining 23 days, as it will for any US Prez who passes in the future.</b>  I would expect nothing less from any American. As far as any party affiliation goes when it comes time to bury a President respect for his office is what is important.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />I would expect nothing less from any American. As far as any party affiliation goes when it comes time to bury a President respect for his office is what is important.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I'm happy to see we're in complete agreement.[:)]

Last Mrk

Sorry, I didn't mean to rile any feathers but your statement below riled mine I guess. [:I]

<font color="purple"> May Ronald Wilson Reagan live in H###!</font id="purple">

BrentK

Well on the plus side guys... President Reagan lead the way to the end of Communism which most likly helped millions of people,(no disrespect Olds),who were sufering more than any of us.

I personaly liked President Reagan.  I think he gave the USA a clear direction and that helped get us out of the 18% interest rates that President Carter had left us with.

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND