A Must Have

Started by bubbagump, March 19, 2006, 04:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubbagump

Had my first opportunity to use one of the drying/carrying racks that Smokehouse Rob makes. Man this thing is awesome. I'm only using three racks today but it will hold all four. It also has clips to keep the racks from sliding out when carrying. No more multiple trips to the smoker when loading it. [:)]

It is well engineered and well built. You can purchase them from Chez Bubba - www.chezbubba.com. I definitely recommend one.

Bubbagump

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Bubbagump, did you forget to slide the drip pan in? it goes down at the very bottom it has its own spot for it .

Chez Bubba

Dems some nice lookin birds there cuz![:p]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

Rob;

Are you still making the smaller compact version of the drying rack. I'm looking to buy one in about 4-8 weeks. I was just on Kirk's sight and I did not see it listed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />Bubbagump, did you forget to slide the drip pan in? it goes down at the very bottom it has its own spot for it .
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nope, didn't forget. Just forgot to order it. [:I]

Bubbagump

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Hab when your ready to get one call up chez , he has them in stock just not on web site yet,

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />Hab when your ready to get one call up chez , he has them in stock just not on web site yet,
Great to hear! I'll be giving him a call in April.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bubbagump

<br />Hab when your ready to get one call up chez , he has them in stock just not on web site yet,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Rob -  Can you post a picture of the smaller one.

Thanks,

Bubbagump

icerat4

How many of those birds fit in the bs.At one time

IKnowWood

Great, I want one of the smaller ones as well bit did not see them on Chez'  order site.  I got some other things I need ot order so I think this time I will call and get that as well.

Thanks for the info Rob.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />How many of those birds fit in the bs.At one time
A total of eight 20 oz. Cornish Hens will fit in using all four racks. From now on I'm going to fill it up anytime I do them, as they never go to waste. [:p]

Bubbagump

icerat4

AYYY i see cornish hens they looked like chickens or even turkeys.the size of the picture is deciving to me.Size wise.Very nice what kind of rub is on them.Do they taste gamie like venicen deer meat.My wife dosent like the gamie taste.looks nice bubbagump.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

click on link to see the mini rack or also called  the fridge rack
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2210

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />AYYY i see cornish hens they looked like chickens or even turkeys.the size of the picture is deciving to me.Size wise.Very nice what kind of rub is on them.Do they taste gamie like venicen deer meat.My wife dosent like the gamie taste.looks nice bubbagump.
Rat - I got the recipe for the rub off the recipe site that Olds created. Look under the "Rubs" section for the one called "Award Winning Dry Rub". There are a lot of ingredients in it. I cut the recipe in half and made 4 quarts. Everyone that's tried at home has really liked it.

I don't think Cornish Hens taste gamie. If they did my wife wouldn't like them either.

Bubbagump

begolf25

Great looking racks.  Stupid question but what exactly would you be using the smaller version for.  I assume that for someone like myself that is doing mostly pork butts, ribs and chickens I would want the larger model?