2 dumb newb ?

Started by damien2003gt, March 21, 2006, 12:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damien2003gt

What does FTC mean?
What PID mean?

Thanks boys

tsquared

FTC is "foil, towel, cooler" meaning wrap your meat after intermal temp is reached in the above for a few hours for  a moister product. PID--some kind of automatic electronic wizardry for controlling smoke box temperature. The boyz will add details on this.
T2

icerat4

f=foil t=Towel c=Cooler    WHEN YOUR internal temps are met with the meat. Place the meat in foil=F wrap.Then wrap a very light moist towel=T or bounty wrap around the foil then place the stuff in a cooler=C or microwave storage place to just sit and wait while it cools down.FTC there i said it.[;)]

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by icerat4</i>
<br />f=foil t=Towel c=Cooler    WHEN YOUR internal temps are met with the meat. Place the meat in foil=F wrap.Then wrap a very light moist towel=T or bounty wrap around the foil then place the stuff in a cooler=C or microwave storage place to just sit and wait while it cools down.FTC there i said it.[;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Congrats on the new star, Tom! [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

FTC = Foil, Towel, Cooler (somtimes the Cooler works better with a warm or pre-heated cooler).  The idea (as Old's puts it) is passive heating, that raises the temps internally slowley over a 2 to 3 hour period.  and keeps heat very long, allowing for better timing to mealtime.

Now PID, which  you can read more on wikipedia, its a proportional-integral-derivative controller or better a closed loop controller that used the feedback of temps to utilize logic to determine voltage and times to acheive optimal control over temperatures.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller)

think of the PID as the extra hand and eyes that watch the temps and adjust the slide for you to acheive the best optimal target temps.  and that extra hand does not need a beer of its own.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

icerat4

Just a happy SMOKER LOL.This is fun and Good food always makes people smile i kinda like that .[8D]Thanks.

bubbagump

A "PID" that gets referred to around here is a type of controller used to more precisely control the smoker box temp. Some others are using a digital thermostat, which is sometimes referred to as a TS (thermostatic switch).

Here is a link to a detailed explaination of a PID controller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

I recommend reading it if you're having trouble sleeping. [:)]

You can also do a search here for PID and you'll get a lot of info that way also.

Bubbagump

damien2003gt