DBS upgrade to dual 500watt heating elements and PID upgrade

Started by 300wbymag, July 28, 2012, 11:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

300wbymag

I am very new to smoking and just got a six rack DBS. Everyone seems to be running an upgraded heating element and a PID, so which one is the most effective and simplest to use? Where do you get the second 500Watt heating element and how do you hook it up?

mikecorn.1

Not everyone, you dont have to do it or need it. Its just something nice to have. I waited till mine was out of warranty before dualing mine out and adding a fan to it. The unit will do just fine with the stock element.
Mike

Habanero Smoker

When you are ready to do the mod, you can purchase the element from Yard & Pool

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bradmanning

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and am looking for some help.  I have a 6 rack Bradley smoker and am suffering from too little temp.  Bought it as a complete newbie to bbqing and have learned enough to feel like I am now an amateur - and have outgrown the Bradley with a max temp of 200.  Would like to maximize my investment and do the duel element mod, but I have no idea how to do it.  There is a link to a website that I understand has step by step instructions, but the website appears to no longer be active.  Can anyone point me to a step by step?  It makes me a little nervous to try this without that type of direction.  I appreciate your help.

bradmanning

Sorry, just realized I already posted this question in the "Smoker won't get up to temp" thread.  Looks like someone answered there...