Anyone heard of adding drizzling honey over the charcoal?

Started by bamfam, August 02, 2012, 01:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamfam

Someone was telling me about smoking salmon and drizzling honey onto the charcoal after you first put the salmon on the grates, that it instantly glazes the salmon and seals it. Anyone know the exact procedure for doing this?

Thanks!A

KyNola

Up In Smoke

I have never heard of it so i did a little search on it.....i found no information.
Gonna go x2 with KyNola.

Maybe mix up a glaze, or brush with one of the many sauces available for fish.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

OU812

devo

Well I waited till someone else answered this question. Me thinks its just like Nepas.

FLBentRider

SLBSTM

Sounds like BS to me, unless "someone" can back it up with some science.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum ;D. I say go for it and let us know if it works even though I highly doubt it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Wazzulu

I have applied it to the fish itself mixed with brown sugar and raspberry jam.  But never to the heat source itself.  All you would get is that bitter burnt sugar taste.  But if you take some chips and soak them in some Jack Daniels Honey and put that on The coals that's a different story.

Up In Smoke

I have used the Jack Daniels honey in a glaze....that is some good stuff.
never thought of soaking chips in it....
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

hal4uk

If'n I wuz to set some good meat on fire so's I could smoke me some charcoal for dinner...
Yeah, I'd prolly drizzle some honey somewhere...

Of course, if my mother was a light bulb and my daddy was a 2x4, I'd be so busy counting the footballs I could fit in a dog house that I'd plumb forget where I put my penguins, and I'd have no chocolate milk!  Hee hee ha ha.  They're coming to take me away!  Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: hal4uk on August 06, 2012, 06:48:41 PM
If'n I wuz to set some good meat on fire so's I could smoke me some charcoal for dinner...
Yeah, I'd prolly drizzle some honey somewhere...

Of course, if my mother was a light bulb and my daddy was a 2x4, I'd be so busy counting the footballs I could fit in a dog house that I'd plumb forget where I put my penguins, and I'd have no chocolate milk!  Hee hee ha ha.  They're coming to take me away!  Awrighten.

I'll second that!! Anytime now!  They're here to take me away! Ha Ha!! or is that Hal! Hal!! :o  ;D
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 06, 2012, 04:39:53 AM
I have used the Jack Daniels honey in a glaze....that is some good stuff.
never thought of soaking chips in it....

Did I here someone say Jack Daniels!  ;D