Lame! (covers)

Started by smccreary, August 10, 2012, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpybruce

Tenpoint5

Well I know your complaining about the price difference. But them is different covers the USA one is for a 4 rack Bradley and the CANADIAN one is for a 6 rack Bradley.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

devo

Hell I spent over 400 dollars to buy a nice shed to cover mine....what you complaining about ???

mikecorn.1

Clearly different covers. You do get what you pay for. Those covers shod last a long time. I purchased a cheap one from Academy and it didn't last one
Summer. And I don't keep my smoker out in the elements.
Devo, LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Mr Walleye

Being Canadian I completely understand where this is coming from. I just did a quick search on a cover for the 4 rack model on both Amazon .ca and .com

Here's.ca....
http://www.amazon.ca/BRADLEY-SMOKER-USA-INC-BTWRC/dp/B000FJZ1BO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1344653355&sr=8-7
Price $64.43 and claims a savings of $49.95 (Claims a CDN retail price $114.38)  :o

Here's .com....
http://www.amazon.com/Bradley-All-Weather-Cover-Rack/dp/B000FJZ1BO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344653382&sr=8-1&keywords=bradley+cover
Price $24.98 and claims a savings of $12.02 ( Claims a US retail price of $36.99)  :-\

Now... I'm not saying we can't shop around and find a better price but that! That right there is ridiculous when you consider the US/CDN dollar is more or less even. All you have to do is look at a book or magazine. They have a price in the corner of the cover for US and a much higher price for Canadian. When you take into account the current Bank of Canada exchange rate as of today for US funds is 1.0085 these price differences are truly ridiculous. I know what my solution is....

Things that make you go hmmmm.....  ???

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

I agree. I used to buy a few magazines like "Petersen's Hunting" some offroad mags and such. I got sick of the price diff and quit buying them.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smoker John

I purchased mine (4 rack cover) at Cabela's, the pricing is consistent with the Bradley website suggested price
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Mark in Ottawa

For the Canadians in the forum, Le Baron ships Canada wide and carries the 4 rack cover for $34 and the 6 rack cover for $35.45.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp12/bradley_airtight.pdf

I have no affiliation with the store - I bought my smoker there and they always have the best price on Bradley smokers and accessories...and I hate being ripped off.

Mark (in Ottawa)

DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Mark in Ottawa on September 17, 2012, 01:50:07 PM
For the Canadians in the forum, Le Baron ships Canada wide and carries the 4 rack cover for $34 and the 6 rack cover for $35.45.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp12/bradley_airtight.pdf

I have no affiliation with the store - I bought my smoker there and they always have the best price on Bradley smokers and accessories...and I hate being ripped off.

Mark (in Ottawa)

Thanks Mark. I seem to always forget about them. I have dealt with them in the past.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Brady Smoker!

Le baron does have the best prices ive seen for anything that has to do with a bradley smoker ill drive the 20 min to mississauga to get pucks, cure etc great prices!
BDS 4 RACK

JZ

I bought 2 covers for my 4 rack smokers. The first one is about 3 years old and just about ready for the garbage (badly weathered and torn) and the second one is about 6 months old. The second one looks like it is made of much heavier material. I think the new ones are much better quality but time will tell. I paid less than $40 for each of them. I got the first one at Wholesale sports and the other at the hardware store in our little town. I think they are also sold at Princess Auto and their prices are generally very good.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: JZ on September 26, 2012, 06:52:47 PM
I bought 2 covers for my 4 rack smokers. The first one is about 3 years old and just about ready for the garbage (badly weathered and torn) and the second one is about 6 months old. The second one looks like it is made of much heavier material. I think the new ones are much better quality but time will tell. I paid less than $40 for each of them. I got the first one at Wholesale sports and the other at the hardware store in our little town. I think they are also sold at Princess Auto and their prices are generally very good.

I'm on my third cover, and the last cover I bought, I have to agree with you; it is much heavier. Also I have had it for about a year, and it is outside 24/7; and this one seems to be made out of a material that has UV protection. This cover is not fading as fast. As with the other covers they do leak at the seams, so I always use a seam sealer, to make them waterproof.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 27, 2012, 02:25:01 AM
I'm on my third cover, and the last cover I bought, I have to agree with you; it is much heavier. Also I have had it for about a year, and it is outside 24/7; and this one seems to be made out of a material that has UV protection. This cover is not fading as fast. As with the other covers they do leak at the seams, so I always use a seam sealer, to make them waterproof.

Yeah...  Brian confirmed a while back that they changed the material to a heavier one.  My newest one purchased in 2010 is still going strong.  The only hole in it is due to a brick falling onto it that I was using to weigh down a temporary rain cover one afternoon.  Put a nice dent in the top of the smoker too  >:(

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on September 20, 2010, 06:19:08 PM
Quote from: ExpatCanadian on September 20, 2010, 06:26:57 AM

I just replaced the original cover I bought with my smoker back in 2008.  It did the job, but was fairly lightweight vinyl, and eventually some small holes started to wear through at pointy contact points.  I was at a Bass Pro shop near Calgary recently and spotted a much heavier duty one, almost a woven fabric kind of material, but at least double the weight of the original one.  Both were for 4-rack model, and both were (are) Bradley branded.  Pretty sure I paid around the same amount for each, and I've never seen a option on any retail website for one or the other material.  Did Bradley change them at some point?

Yes the covers were changed to a differant heavier material

Brian.