A lot of questions

Started by helgi, August 02, 2012, 06:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helgi

On July 10, I, send an order to Smoke and Stuff for a complete fan kit thought it might be easier to install then building one. Got the confirmation of the order and payment via pay-pal and that was it. Untill I again send an e-mail to Smokeand Stuff asking what is going on has it been send is there an tracking NR and how? July 26 I received an e-mail "sorry for not answering sooner but the man is on the road but will let me know when it was send out to Canada via USPS, thank god as with ups we all know what that is like. But that is all I have heard as to now, so my questions,are is this a legitemite supplier if the answer is yes why the sloppy customer relation. Or don't they care I believe I read in this forum that he is an member well I hope that I will still receive the fan kit but I'm sure of one thing and that is that I bought twice from Smoke and Stuff.The First and the Last Time.
helgi,
Dan Remery 

KyNola

They are a legitimate supplier as I have purchased two different items from them with no issues.  As for your experience with them I have no comment on their "sloppy customer relation" as I never experienced it with my purchases.

I'll yield to others to see if you get additional comments from folks here who also received "sloppy customer relations".

SamuelG

Great service when I ordered.

SamuelG

mikecorn.1

Even though I'm not satisfied with the results of the fan mod itself, I had good service from them. I emailed; Scott if I remember correct about my fan not getting to full speed right away. He replied back on what to check on and
That he would send another out if I kept having the same issue.
The problem is that on real cold days, the fan seems to take a bit to start spinning at full rpm. I never have the issue in the summer. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

Dan as you mentioned Scott is on the road traveling more than usual here lately. He tries his best to get things shipped out as fast as he can.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

helgi

I'm glad to read that fellow members on this forum have had good reports with the company, I am not really pxxxsed off more disappointed with the lack of information send out. Since this is coming up to Canada it would be nice to have an tracking number, the one and only e-mail I got from the company was that the owner Scott did know that I ordered the fan kit but He did not know when it was send out, but would let me know,fair enough but as of today no word. That's the frustrating part  since it was send via USPS there would be a tracking number the way it is now I have no idea where it could be. And since we are selling the house I hate to have to as ask Canada post to forward the parcel to Vancouver Island so it would be nice to know if it on the way or????
Other then that I have no problem with the Company and  I'm sure that the fan kit will work but I sure like to find out as the weather on the island is milder than here on the prairie in the winter.
Sorry for the long rant but I would like to make my dilemma clear.
Thanks for listening,
helgi.

bille

Dan

I just had a simular situation with them, but they had some personal matters going on at the time, I did eventually get my fan kit and it has been well worth the wait, although it did not arrive as fast as I was hoping, I gave them the benifit of the doubt, the only real issue I had was not being kept informed of the status of my order, at this time I would order from them again if need be.
Bill

NePaSmoKer

I know Scott. He is probably busy traveling

helgi

Got an e-mail from Scott in it he stated that he is extremely busy but that I should have the fan kit in the next 14 day's or so. I know that is depending on the people at the border going into Canada, but at least I know it's on the way and that is all I wanted to know. So that being said I would like to take this opportunity to aplogize for the remarks I made on the forum regarding Smoke and Stuff. And thank Scott for the replies he sent in trying circumstances.

helgi.

Quarlow

No problem Helgi. I have ordered from Scott and they sent it in good time. But he was home mostly then not traveling. I also now ship to my wifes Aunts address just across the border and then pick it up myself. When I have ordered direct to my house from other places I have had to wait for ever for customs to release my stuff. Not everyone can do this but it works best for me. Hope the fan works for you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

helgi

Picked up parcel with fan kit from the post office last week. Did send e-mail to Scott thanking Him for the co-operation and understanding I received from Him also I did apologize, for the statements I made at the time when everything here was upside down with the listing of our house etc.  The fankit is everything as it says it is and should do the trick. Now if the people just can make up their mind and say they will take the house I can move to Vancouver Island and do some smoking and having fun.

helgi.