Gabagool - a pictorial

Started by wyogoob, August 17, 2012, 01:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Quote from: freesmoker on August 25, 2012, 05:43:09 AM
man, would love the exact instructions for that, if i was ever brave enough to even attempt making that.  looks delicious

Whole different ballpark dry curing meat. Not something you would get into without a lot of reading, equipment and time to wait for the final product to be ready.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

Ok you had me speechless there. Man o man does that look good. Nice work Wyo.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SnellySmokesEm

Thats amazing!  Well done man!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

wyogoob

I haven't posted for over 2 years.  Since then I've made Capicola a coupla more times.  Processed them the same way just changed the seasonings each time, trying new flavors.

Life's been good to me so far.

pensrock

Man that sure looks tasty. Great job!

Habanero Smoker

You may not have posted in two years, but you last two posts more then makes up for it.

That is one great arrangement of charcuterie.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Divey

Great looking coppa  :)

Are the seasonings you have used listed somewhere here, OR, are they a heavily guarded secret ???

How did you store them ??? Temp and R.H.

wyogoob

Quote from: Divey on April 25, 2015, 05:04:21 PM
Great looking coppa  :)

Are the seasonings you have used listed somewhere here, OR, are they a heavily guarded secret ???

How did you store them ??? Temp and R.H.

Dang, I spent 2 hours writing a long and detailed reply with instructions and recipes for dry-curing capicola and lost it!!!!!!!

There's an endless number of ways to make dry-cure capicola.  Mine are a mixture of Rytek Kutas, Len Poli and Ruhlman processes and spice mixtures.  I have black pepper/garlic, paprika/garlic/cayenne, and fennel/black pepper.  I like to roll my coppa in wine before rubbing the spices on.

More later.

Life's been good to me so far.