Whats A Bubba Puck?

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 29, 2006, 05:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

And how do they work.

Bradley is going to be a whole new smoker for me after all the years of off set, cookshack and walk in smokehouse smoking.

Gordon

Bubba Pucks keep the last two bisquettes from being burned up.  They are aluminum (I think) puck shaped objects that fit well into the bisquette feeder.  They are distributed by Chez Bubba, a local from these parts, and he sells many other helpful Bradley accessories.

Have not heard a bad thing about him.

Gordo
Unskyled layber

IKnowWood

A Bubba Puck...  hhmmm  while many other things come to mind, some packed with gum, chum, and foam.  And a couple thoughts of what rhymes with "Pow Caddys" I think I will thus concur with Gordo.

Seriously they are the great shiny peices of metal that Chez sells that are about the same size of a wood briquette that helps stop burning pucks and stop smoking wood but allows you to continue cooking.  saves on wasted wood pucks.

I do know one bad thing about these pucks.  They get HOT!!!  So be careful when smoking, do not hydrate yourself to the point that you think you have a asbestos coated hand.  Ouch, that hurt!  --  Well maybe not wrong witht he puck after-all.  Maybe it was that hydration fluid..
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Phone Guy

Order 3 pucks. Some say you only need two. Well you really don't have to have an automobile either but it sure helps.

Gordon,
no need to touch them while they're hot. They don't hurt anything just sitting there.

IKnowWood

I concur, three is better than two.  On Chez's site he sells a two pack.  But I think I remember somewhere that you can call him up and he would be able to sell a three-pack.  I think.

And remember, its not stainless so some of the burn marks from the ash left from the pucks are hard to clean.  But I figure, I can get more pucks.  Mine are not to bad.  I use a Brillo pad and there is not to much burn marks on them, just a little.  I just keep on eye on them to make sure they do not change the movement to risk binding up the advanced mecanism.  I have a sanding wheel if I need it.  But not yet.
IKnowWood

JJC

Welcome, NePa . . . definitely get 3 . . . and don't worry about touching them while slightly over-refreshed--you won't feel a thing until the next day (and the next, and the next . . . )

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

John, I touched them once and heard a sizzle.  yeah, they hurt more a few hours later.  Since then I use something long and slide onto a safe hot-glove.  Of course, I am also turning off the puck heater pad and trying to remove them after 2 to 3 hours.   Not as hot by then.

I periodically do some stupid other things, typically forgetting the gloves and touching hot grates.  Most times no hydration support, just overly focused.

its just like RVing, over usage and experience you learn the stupid things and get better.  And over time, your hobby becomes a passion and something that defines you.  

That's the great thing with the Bradley, it makes this learning easier and easier.
IKnowWood

icerat4

Just had to do it.A bubba puck is steel puck kinda like a hockey puck shape.Do not use hockey pucks in your smoker LOL.[:D]

Oldman

NePaSmoKer

Bubba pucks as this image show go on top of the pucks you are using for the smoke period. If you use two (like I do) then put one more wood puck on top of them.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!