My New Smoker Home

Started by meo, August 22, 2012, 03:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meo

I am new to this smoking thing but I have been reading a lot thanks to this site.  As a late father's day / birthday present, my family got me a BDS.  Without a proper place to store or run my smoker, I decided to build something.  It all started while on vacation and some drawings.  Now it's finally done.

The beginning...

Starting to take shape...

Moved outside and getting closer...

Finally finished...

Ka Honu

Pretty cool - I like the hinged shelf for the cold-smoke adapter.  The photo looks like the eye hook attaches to the top of the shelf.  Is that true?  If so, isn't it a little awkward or (more likely) what am I missing?

TarGOST

smoke em if you got em

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

devo

I am glad to see you added a light. You will like having a light for those late night smokes. Good looking build and it will keep your smoker safe from the elements for years to come.

TarGOST

Yes, lights are key. I adapted mine to a Rubbermade Garden Shed I had not been using.

TarGOST

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Scotty-G

meo

Thanks for the replies.  The eye hook does attach to the top back of the shelf but it's in the far corner and does not get in the way of the smoker.  There is also space in the back of the shelf where you can put your hand to lift up the shelf very easy and attach it to the hook.

Habanero Smoker

Hi meo;

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice work.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kahunas

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

beefmann

Keymaster

SiFumar

Welcome!  Very nice smoking cabinet!