PID parameters

Started by ihavethetools, September 27, 2012, 04:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihavethetools

Just finished doing an auto tune with my Auber single probe in my NBOS. Have second element installed and working fine. Put a couple bricks inside along with a bowl of water. Set temp for 200. All went well and after the auto tune stopped it maintained 200 degrees +/- 2 degrees. My question is on what i found after i looked at the new parameters. Before i started they were at P=70. I=600 and d=150. Now they are, P=31, I=248 and d=31.  Does this sound right to those that may have the same setup as mine ? Should i run the auto tune again when i actually smoke some ribs this weekend ? Just want to try and make sure i'll be ok. Anyone have what their parameters are to compare ?  Thanks for any info.

Toker

2 degrees is about the best you can get. So if i were you, i would not toch it anymore until you find it could be better with a meat load.

muebe

The auto-tune numbers will be different for each person. Each element heats differently and ambient temps have an effect. Also the next guy may have his temp probe in a different location...ect. The PID ramps the temps up and down during the auto-tune and makes adjustments for how long it takes the cabinet temps to rise and fall.

So start smoking with it and see how it goes ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

ditto. My will be different also cause I ran mine for 225F. Its all good.  ;D
Mike