Can't get heat past 200 degrees

Started by weazel, August 30, 2012, 10:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weazel

Hi guys, I can't get the heat up higher than about 180 - 200 degrees, is it the element?
getting red light and the slider seems to make a difference, but even all the way up, I cant get the chamber any higher than about 200 and it takes probably an hour and a half to get it to 200

The board went on this thing a couple years ago and I replaced it and it has worked great up until now.

TedEbear

Are you using an extension cord between the Bradley and outlet?  Also, is the vent on top of the chamber open all the way or at least mostly all the way?  If it is closed the chamber builds up moisture and makes it hard to reach higher temps.

mikecorn.1

A big ole load of meat will also cause the unit not to reach your desired temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Hi weazel;

Welcome to the forum.

What are you using to monitor the temperature?

If you are using the thermometer on the door, it's location does not give you an accurate reading. Most of us use a digital probe thermometer, and measure the heat below the bottom food rack. Most use the Maverick ET-732 remote thermometer.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

if you have 10 lbs plus you  temp will be lower till the meat gets close to being  done, also if you  have an older element, running a long cord, you  will have some issues with a lower temp, if you  run a 14 gage or 12 gage cord you  will be just fine.