Bacon, that'll shut 'er up! Finished pics

Started by KyNola, September 01, 2012, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Remember the old Ron White joke "Diamonds....that'll shut 'er up"?  Well at my house apparently it is bacon.  Jan has been wanting me to cure and smoke some bacon and today was quite vocal about it.  So.......I went to the freezer and pulled out about 15 pounds of pork belly to thaw.  I have 3 more full belly slabs in the freezer for future use.

More to come later.......

OU812

A new shower curten shut mine up today  ;D

OK,,,,,,,,back to my corner  ::)

KyNola

Quote from: OU812 on September 01, 2012, 04:29:01 PM
How long did you have to smoke it? ;D

sparky1

Quote from: KyNola on September 01, 2012, 06:36:50 PM

lol, thats to funny larry.  i just stayed out in the backyard all day.  my wife and daughter were not in good moods. 
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Consooger

I have not reached the point to where smoked products will keep her at bay, normally it's trips to the store(s) of her choosing while always passing Cabela's and my local smoke shop. Normally I just wave hi and we keep going....  :-\

More to come as soon as I'm married, or less that is, HAH!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

Nice looking belly, must be from a UNICORN ;D :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

Quote from: KyNola on September 01, 2012, 06:36:50 PM

Bout as long as it took to go to the store, come back and hang it up

Then it was back to makin sausage  ;D

Tenpoint5

Bacon is a whole lot cheaper than Diamonds Larry
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Quote from: Consooger on September 02, 2012, 02:53:55 AM
I have not reached the point to where smoked products will keep her at bay, normally it's trips to the store(s) of her choosing while always passing Cabela's and my local smoke shop. Normally I just wave hi and we keep going....  :-\

HOLD IT. You aren't married yet and you get this already. AND you are going ahead with the marriage. SCREEEEEEECH that was the brakes coming on. You need to start her training right away before any wedding plans go ahead. Now this might not be popular with the ladies but it needs to be said " You need to get a pair and you can get them at Cabela's". LOL Regular trips to Cabela's and your fav tackle store or gun shop making sure she comes with you so she will realize what it is like for you to stand around in a dress or shoe store while she holds the bags of stuff and you will be on your way to training a good wife.  Oh and remember, forum code dictates she not see this or any of her training will be rendered null and void. Plus she might contact my wife and then I will lose a pair. ??? LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bear1968

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on September 02, 2012, 05:19:17 AM
Nice looking belly, must be from a UNICORN ;D :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost choked to death on a piece of jerky!  ;D
UBC Local 268

hal4uk

Diamonds, pork, whatever.  What's the diff?
Wow, honey!  You look incredible... slathered in all that pork!

[back to MY corner]

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Consooger

Quote from: Quarlow on September 02, 2012, 09:49:44 AM

HOLD IT. You aren't married yet and you get this already. AND you are going ahead with the marriage. SCREEEEEEECH that was the brakes coming on. You need to start her training right away before any wedding plans go ahead. Now this might not be popular with the ladies but it needs to be said " You need to get a pair and you can get them at Cabela's". LOL Regular trips to Cabela's and your fav tackle store or gun shop making sure she comes with you so she will realize what it is like for you to stand around in a dress or shoe store while she holds the bags of stuff and you will be on your way to training a good wife.  Oh and remember, forum code dictates she not see this or any of her training will be rendered null and void. Plus she might contact my wife and then I will lose a pair. ??? LOL

Thus why I always go to Cabela's on my way home from work if I need something, she works days, I work nights. And for the most part when I order something I always intercept those packages, with the exception of the bulk order I put in last month while she was out of town, yeah she saw that one and couldn't help but notice when my SRG came in.

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Tiny Tim

For future reference, Duct Tape usually works to silence ladies as well.  But if bacon works, use that.

Quarlow

Quote from: Consooger on September 02, 2012, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Quarlow on September 02, 2012, 09:49:44 AM

Thus why I always go to Cabela's on my way home from work if I need something, she works days, I work nights. And for the most part when I order something I always intercept those packages, with the exception of the bulk order I put in last month while she was out of town, yeah she saw that one and couldn't help but notice when my SRG came in.
Oh god yes, I thought we were going to have an intervention for ya. I take it back, you do have a pair. Because if you can't dominate your woman, lie and sneak behind her back. Lol. Either way we end up at the same result and that is all that matters.  ;D  You da man.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Salmonsmoker

This fits in right here guys:

If a man speaks in the forest and there's no woman to hear him,

is he still wrong?  :o :o
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.