Bacon, that'll shut 'er up! Finished pics

Started by KyNola, September 01, 2012, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Huh, I have a beer cozy with that on it. Coincidence or what.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Salmonsmoker

Q, I  think it's just one of the many burdens we've been pre-ordained to bear.  ::) ::)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

KyNola

16.5 lbs of unicorn pork belly rubbed down with the cure mix of kosher salt, brown sugar, and Cure #1(sorry Greenerlife).

Flipping daily for the next week and then into the Bradley with hickory.

Stay tuned........

ACW3

Following this one.  I have two pork bellies in my freezer that are candidates to be smoked. 

Art
MAK 2 Star (# 171)
Weber Kettle (old school charcoal)
KCBS CBJ
NCBS

Consooger

Larry looking forward to this one. I am almost out of my 16 hour smoked belly. Actually have 10 lbs thawing in the fridge right now to be cured on Wednesday!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

KyNola

In day 6 of the curing period.  It is firming up nicely.  Will cure for another day and then get them ready to smoke.  Will rinse them down, pat dry and then hang in the frig uncovered overnight to form a pellicle so the smoke will adhere better.

Stay tuned.....

smoke em if you got em

How much do yall normally pay for pork bellies? I am going to talk to a couple of butchers in town this week to see if I can get a belly but I don't know how much they should cost. Also does anybody order them online?

Thanks
Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smoke em if you got em on September 09, 2012, 06:47:40 PM
How much do yall normally pay for pork bellies? I am going to talk to a couple of butchers in town this week to see if I can get a belly but I don't know how much they should cost. Also does anybody order them online?

Thanks
Mike
Anywhere from $2.89 - $3.29
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 10, 2012, 03:12:20 PM

Anywhere from $2.89 - $3.29
Same here. I usually avoid mail orders since it seems that the shipping usually more than doubles the cost.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

16 pounds of former unicorn pork belly cured and hanging overnight in the 'curing" frig to dry and form a pellicle.  Tomorrow comes the smoke.

BAM1

Just bought a 10 pounder for right at 30 bucks.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

KyNola

Smoked on Wednesday with almost 4 hours of hickory smoke.  Allowed to hang until cooled and then wrapped in plastic and into the frig.
Sliced it all up today.  Now that's a pile of bacon.

How much you ask?  There are 20 of these packages with a dozen slices in each package.

That's 240 slices on presentation boards and 3 more vac bags with at least another 3 dozen "not so pretty" slices for a total of 276 slices of bacon!  Also, have plenty of trimmings for seasoning beans, etc.

Thanks for looking folks.

OU812

Ya Baby!

Thought about gettin some of those boards to make it easier gettin the bacon in the bag but thats about as far as it got  ::)

Nice lookin bacon Larry

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.