Bacon, that'll shut 'er up! Finished pics

Started by KyNola, September 01, 2012, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

One heck of a beautiful batch of BACON! Your trimming and packaging skills are to be admired. My bacon is pretty good, but don't look like yours for sure.

SiFumar

Consooger

MMMMMMMMMM Nice lookin' belly ya got there Larry. I got mine I have to pull out of the cure tomorrow. I let it set an extra day and then I'm gonna 14 hour smoke it, nothing like making your own bacon!!!! YUMMMMMMM
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smoke em if you got em

WOW! That is awesome. Don't know if my slicer will hold up but I'm gonna have to try this.

Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

rcger

Quote from: KyNola on September 14, 2012, 02:32:50 PM
Smoked on Wednesday with almost 4 hours of hickory smoke.  Allowed to hang until cooled and then wrapped in plastic and into the frig.
Sliced it all up today.  Now that's a pile of bacon.

How much you ask?  There are 20 of these packages with a dozen slices in each package.

That's 240 slices on presentation boards and 3 more vac bags with at least another 3 dozen "not so pretty" slices for a total of 276 slices of bacon!  Also, have plenty of trimmings for seasoning beans, etc.

Thanks for looking folks.

Where does one find the presentation boards?

There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

SouthernSmoked

WOW!! Larry that looks awesome. What did you use for the packaging board?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Thanks guys.  I ordered the boards from these folks: http://www.amindle.com/  I measured the quart and gallon vac seal bags and backed off about 3 inches in the length to allow for room to vac and seal and ordered two different sizes.  The folks at A. Mindle make presentation boards for commercial use but they are also very accommodating for smaller orders like mine.  They will custom cut them to whatever size you want.  They are on the approved vendors list for the forum as well.

Wildcat

Very impressive Larry. One of these days I will get around to trying my hand at Bacon.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SouthernSmoked

Thanks Larry for the reminder on Mindle.

It's getting that time of year again.

Did you order a few for fish or are they the same?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

KyNola

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on September 17, 2012, 04:52:59 AM
I think they're the same Mark although I could easily be mistaken.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on September 17, 2012, 04:52:59 AM

At the time I ordered mine, they were not taking custom size orders, and the boards are the same - gold on one side/silver on the other. They had two sizes, and what they did was to sell the run overs from larger orders. During one of my emails to them, I asked if I could cut the boards to different sizes. They replied I could; cutting the boards does not damage them. So if you have boards that are wide enough for the 11" bags, if needed you can cut the boards so they can fit the 8" bags, or even the smaller Portion Pouches. The Portion Pouches and boards gives your home made dry sausage, Canadian bacon, cheese etc; a nice professional touch.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mark in Ottawa

Larry - that bacon looks A-MAY-ZING!

Do you have a dedicated machine to slice the bacon? Surely you can't do that by hand and get that perfect and uniform slicing?

Great job - you've got me inspired!

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

KyNola

Thanks Mark.  I have a 10 inch commercial grade slicer that does a good job.  I use it to slice pretty much everything that I make in larger quantities.