Bacon, that'll shut 'er up! Finished pics

Started by KyNola, September 01, 2012, 02:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Mark in Ottawa on September 18, 2012, 06:53:00 AM
Larry - that bacon looks A-MAY-ZING!

Do you have a dedicated machine to slice the bacon? Surely you can't do that by hand and get that perfect and uniform slicing?

Great job - you've got me inspired!

Mark (in Ottawa)

Mark Larry has a commercial grade slicer.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Consooger

I HATE doing everything by hand, unfortunately I'm not allowed to buy one of those til AFTER the wedding. I guess i'll just have to wait
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Mark in Ottawa

Quote from: KyNola on September 18, 2012, 06:58:06 AM
Thanks Mark.  I have a 10 inch commercial grade slicer that does a good job.  I use it to slice pretty much everything that I make in larger quantities.

Thanks Larry - can I ask which one you have? Looking at the ones on Cabelas right now...

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

KyNola

Quote from: Mark in Ottawa on September 18, 2012, 10:05:54 AM
Thanks Mark.  I have a 10 inch commercial grade slicer that does a good job.  I use it to slice pretty much everything that I make in larger quantities.
Thanks Larry - can I ask which one you have? Looking at the ones on Cabelas right now...
Sure Mark.  I have this particular slicer.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-sl310-10-manual-gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-4-hp/177SL310.html

Mark in Ottawa

Quote from: KyNola on September 18, 2012, 10:16:53 AM
Quote from: Mark in Ottawa on September 18, 2012, 10:05:54 AM
Sure Mark.  I have this particular slicer.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-sl310-10-manual-gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-4-hp/177SL310.html

Thanks for that - much appreciated! Looks like a quality piece of equipment!

I'll have to put this on the old x-mas list.

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732