E1 Error .vs. my own extra wooden box

Started by TashonkaWitko, September 04, 2012, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TashonkaWitko

Hi all

Need some help. Today I've finished my extra wooden box, designated to provide real cold smoke. It's a simple wooden box - smoke generator is connected into it, thet there is "aluminium smoke tube" linked from this wooden box to main smoker body. Sorry I have no photo yet, but it is like to the solution, presented in this forum by Stickbowcrafter some time ago

My solution is similar, but little bit different - my smoke generator is  far away from the main box. It means - power supply for heating element and temperature sensor cables are NOT long enough. I was not concerned too much about this, as I needn't to control temperature in main smoker box at all. I don't want to use heating element, I need not to know the exact tempereature inside a box. I have expected to power smoke generator only.

Today, I did my first check. But immediately after switching smoke generator On, I got "E1 Error"  :o  I googled Internet and now I know, it is caused by missing senzor cable (most probably). I agree, it is not there (as I need not it).

But what to do now?  Is there any solution how to override this error and run smoke generator ? Or I have to plug sensor cable ? It could be a problem, as I will need longer one and I really don't know where to find/buy it.

Thanks for any advice in advance

TW

pensrock

1) You can make a longer cable. 2) You can make a dummy plug. or 3) You can get a piece of wire and make your cable longer.
I believe you can find out how to make a dummy plug on the recipe site. I made several but its been a while and I do not remember what resistor I used or what plug, but its all on the recipe site. Its real simple all you have to do is solder the ends of the resistor to the plug and plug it into the smoke generator. It will read something like 78 degrees all the time so when you go back to hot smoking you will need to remove the plug and connect the tower.

Alanfromwis

Like pensrock said.   Resistor is 100k ohm for dummy plug, and plugs for longer cable is dc coaxial type m on each end will work.
alanfromwisc
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

TashonkaWitko

Hi all. and sorry for such stupid question. "Dummy plug" is the keyword I need .. Immediately I tried to search for it, I got all necessary information. Thank you for "pointing me" to proper keyword (as I am not native speaker, sometimes I have a problem to find a right/proper subject)

Jim O

Welcome !

For not being a "native speaker" you do real fine !!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Habanero Smoker

The by pass hasn't yet been added to the recipe site; but here is a link to it:

Cold Smoke By Pass

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

slowpoke

Just a suggestion,You might try a bag of ice or 2 on top of your drip tray to better keep the temperature down.

Welcome aboard,Joe
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.