Does anyone use gloves?

Started by kjel, June 15, 2004, 10:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjel

I guess this could be listed under accessories.  The last time I use the smoker and dry rub, my hands smelled like bbq for a week.  Does anyone wear gloves to add the rub?  What kind? Does it leave any flavor on the food?
Thanks in advance..

Fuzzybear

I wash my paws real good, then rub - no gloves but I've seen gloves on T.V. on the cooking/bbq shows............I guess its another one of those personal things

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kjel</i>
<br />The last time I use the smoker and dry rub, my hands smelled like bbq for a week.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And your problem is what exactly.........?[:D]

If I could figure out a way to bottle it, Anne would have my new favorite perfume![8D]

Seriously, if you can get those thin latex gloves that the hospitals use, you should be in good shape. And no, they won't impart flavor on the food unless you marinate or smoke the food with them.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Bassman

I've never used gloves either when applying rubs. But then again I haven't noticed my hands smelling like rub afterwards either. Maybe I should pay attention a little more[:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

Jack:  Maybe you've been around the smoker to long - been "sensitized" - I bet if you didn't smoke, you'd notice a funny smell on your hands!  Hah!  LOL![:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

bighoof

The nitrile type gloves are alittle tougher than latex, try lemon joy to wash with, takes almost any smell out of your hands. Even takes out garlic smelly jelly out out of your hands.[:D]

banzai

ok i know im late in jumping in on this one but, they use gloves on alot of the shows on the food network. call around to your grocery stores, some will have them. if not, look under "medical" in the yellow pages. one big thing though, get "powder free non-latex" gloves. for one i dont think you want to get yummy powder in your BBQ, and, you also dont want to find out if you have a latex allergy. i work in the medical field and found out the hard way that i have a latex allergy. messes up your hands bigtime!! and the symptoms could last 2 years or more after first contact. anywho, happy smoking!! "E"[8D]

Tominator

My daughter found out she was allergic to the latex gloves. Really hard to get rid of the rash after only a few times using the gloves.

BTW, in many states it is a law that people that handle raw meat have gloves on to protect from contaminates and prevent the spread of related disease.

A casual washing does not kill all the bacteria on your hands.

I always wear gloves when handling meats, but my wife does not so it indeed is personal preference, but IMHO it only makes sense to wear them.

<font color="red">Where there's smoke....there's meat!</font id="red">