Bacon The Cold Smoke Way

Started by Brewoz, September 08, 2012, 03:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewoz

Triple smoke bacon last week. Cabinet temp never exceeded 85* I will never cook my bacon twice again. Next on my list is a cold smoked ham.
Beer Guy At Snow Creek

SiFumar

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Brewoz on September 08, 2012, 03:57:10 PM
Triple smoke bacon last week. Cabinet temp never exceeded 85* I will never cook my bacon twice again. Next on my list is a cold smoked ham.

Does that mean you will be triple smoking for now on?  :)

If so I absolutely know what you mean!!!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Brewoz

Hab, Triple smoked, or a variation of it.
I read a post on another site " Can't figure out why Americans hot smoke bacon". After triple cold smoking my bacon it was easy to figure out. We don't know any better!
Beer Guy At Snow Creek

Habanero Smoker

We may be talking about two different ways to prepare triple smoke bacon. When applying the smoke I will use the cold smoke method. After the third application of smoke, I will then hot smoke at 180°F, until it reaches 152°F. That way I can slice it thin and eat it without crisping it up, or slice it thicker then dice it so I can add it to salads (green, potato, and/or macaroni). Of course, if I want to crisp it up I can do that also. 

My recipe also include directions to hot smoke at 170°F, and bring the internal temperature to 137°F; which is considered raw and you would have to cook it further prior to eating.

Triple Smoked Bacon

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)