got it yesterday

Started by dallasexcell, September 13, 2012, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dallasexcell

Been reading this forum before I ordered my unit, and because of this I also ordered a 900w element, PID and parts for the fan.  after seasoning I decided I can't wait to start, so here's what I got so far;
http://dallas-kira-nala.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous/10897061_Vbhxqk#!i=2085760196&k=z3n7SBH&lb=1&s=A
for those who installed a fan; does the location matter?  i want it on top of the element between the V tray and first rack but it does not fit (unless I trim the V-tray). it fits on the top left corner, but will it be effective in this location?  thanks in advance

KyNola

Don't trim the V-tray.  You're inviting a grease fire.

muebe

Looks like a good install. Never seen such a shiny interior with a 900w element ;)

And I second KyNola! Trimming the grease tray will allow grease to reach the element and that is not good eats.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

dallasexcell

Thanks guys.  I want the least change to the OEM parts so not really keen on trimming the tray.  Will installing the fan in the top left corner OK or just don't use the lowest rack to make room for the fan. 

muebe

Quote from: dallasexcell on September 13, 2012, 09:00:49 PM
Thanks guys.  I want the least change to the OEM parts so not really keen on trimming the tray.  Will installing the fan in the top left corner OK or just don't use the lowest rack to make room for the fan.

Move the rails up for the lower rack to make room for the fan...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

dallasexcell

beefmann

here is what i did with my  900 watt heater mod...and yes i did trim the v tray and have cut the smoking / cooking process down by 50 % or so,,, 18 lbs of tri tip took just over 6 hours to smoke / cook to a it of 145 box temp 225

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17329.msg209917#msg209917