Customer Service

Started by Gerry, April 03, 2006, 08:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerry

I have seen a couple of posts here about the company's customer service but have to tell you my story.

Friday I'm doing a pork butt in the smoker. It catches fire!!!!
2:30 I e-mail the company and by 3:30 they reply that I should call the 1-800 #.
Monday morning I call the number, get a couple of questions that are clearly meant to document and validated the incident.
By 3:30 on Tuesday a courier is knocking on the door with my new smoker.

These guys and girls are fantastic!

Gerry Peters.

JJC

Welcome, Gerry!  Your experience mirrors that of many of us . . . glad you took the time to mention it!
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

Yeah but,  How'd it catch fire?

What was the circumstance?
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

icerat4

I bet he didnt clean the drip pan after doing a meal.Then just did the next with oil in the drip.I was lazy and done  this my self and ya know what it started the puck on fire.Lucky i caught mine in time as i smelt a different smell comming out the bs.Thats how mine started on fire being lazy. :P clean the drip dont be lazy RAT DUH... :o

Gordo

Gordo
Unskyled laber

Gerry

No the drip pan was cleaned and is after every use. I can't realy say but the pork butt was leaning against the back of the smoker and the fat was running down the back wall. Next thing I knew there was a little flame in the reflector under the heat element. I went to get the fire extingisher and by the time I got back it was in flames.

iceman

Sounds like the fat got down on the puck burn plate from dripping on the back wall or into one of the pucks then got advance onto the burner and poof. Oh well Bradley pulls through again. ;D

icerat4

Sounds like bradley even took care of something that wasnt there fault.Wow.

Gerry

Do we have the same smokers? The puck plate and the pucks are no where near the reflector that is under the heating element. the element is against the back wall of the smoker and the puck plate and, therefore, the pucks are in the middle of the side wall.

I was standing right there, it was a little flame that started right under the heat element for the cooker not the smoke generator. I don't know why it happened but can only speculate that I did not clean it good enough.

The bottom line is Bradley came through and I applaude them for it.

manxman

Don't think I have ever seen a bad comment on the forum relating to Bradley Customer Service, something they can be justifiably proud of. It is good to hear individual stories of how they have come good for people, particulalry when perhaps thay have no real obligation to.

There are many companies who could learn from them in this area. :)
Manxman

icerat4

And there are other companys that go broke from this policy.Eating up on something that is not related to fault would put me out of bussiness.But i do applude the bradley folks for this great service.VERY NICE ;D ;)

iceman

Sorry. You didn't say where the fire started. I stand corrected.
Quote from: Gerry on April 26, 2006, 07:10:37 PM
Do we have the same smokers? The puck plate and the pucks are no where near the reflector that is under the heating element. the element is against the back wall of the smoker and the puck plate and, therefore, the pucks are in the middle of the side wall.

I was standing right there, it was a little flame that started right under the heat element for the cooker not the smoke generator. I don't know why it happened but can only speculate that I did not clean it good enough.

The bottom line is Bradley came through and I applaude them for it.