Bradley cold smoker adaptor

Started by shrolfe, September 18, 2012, 01:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrolfe

How big of drop in temperature in the smoker resluts in using the adaptor ?

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

La Quinta

I don't use mine until the temp outside is in the fifties...but have have done it loading the tower up with bags of ice should it be warmer and it works...I live in a rather hot environment so...my window of cold smoking is short...so I do tend to start early!

I use blue ice in gallon ziploc bags...and still have to give them a wash before back in the freezer...the smoke easily penetrates the ziplocs....Anyhoo...the offset box works nicely...

Habanero Smoker

You need to keep the smoker in the shade, and the cabinet temperature can be anywheres from  2 - 10 degrees above the ambient temperature.

To add to La Quinta's tips, I unplug the cabinet, and only smoke during the early morning hours or after dusk.

Hi La Quinta;

Good to see you posting again. Are you using the freezer bags? Those seem to block the majority of smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

shrolfe

I live in arizona, its usually 105 degrees this time of year.
I was cold smoking a liverwurst after it was cooked.
The interior temperature of the cabinet was about 135 degrees or more.
The smoker was not on.
I was not using the adapter.
The smoker seems to add quite a bit of heat since it is burning the pucks inside the smoker.

Swim Dad

I wonder if vac sealing the blue ice would help. Good science experiment with the boys.
OBS duel element, duel PID
Weber Genesis 1000 (very old)
Dog
Kids
Wife
(in that order)

NePaSmoKer

89* The other day here and i cold smoked cheese with 0 problems (no ice of any kind). Y'all just aint holding yer mouth right  ;D ;D :o

BAM1

Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

La Quinta

Hey Habs...I'm trying my friend...just poking my head in every once in a while...

And Nepas if you can cold smoke at 89 degrees...with no ice...I would love to know your secret?

garyhaupt

Just want top throw my 4 bits worth...I just picked up the Bradley Cold Smoke adapter..had to buy it, I am useless building at making stuff...but man oh man...what an end result.

I smoked sets of ribs for four hours, then let them rest in the fridge overnight to allow that flavour to get in as deep as it could...made up a mop, then x2 foil wrap and into the oven at 250 for three hours. The smokey flavour was so thu and thru...a great investment, for sure.

Ambient temps aren't an issue for me..I live in northern BC.

Gary Haupt

Indy Smoker

Hey Gary

Cold smoking for 4 hours and then throwing in the fridge to let the flavor soak in ??
What was the temp you cold smoked at ??  Concerned about bacteria growth

La Quinta

Gotta echo Indy man on this one...

KyNola

That caught my eye as well.

Good to see you on here LQ!

La Quinta

Thanks Ky...ya know...just trying now...no matter...don't let that guy cold smoke and sit for overnight...that's a bad couple of days in the bathroom coming!!! Or the ER...

Bogeyjoker

In northern BC in early October, I reckon daytime temps are close to fridge temps and nighttime temps are below freezing.