Starnes!!! Awesome,,,,

Started by BAM1, September 29, 2012, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAM1

Audrey's been cooking every night this week since my backs been out and fired up the Trager all by herself tonight for some Iowa Chops.  I thought I'd try this little bottle of sauce that Chris gave me at the MWSO.  OMG, Starnes BBQ will be my new go to.  Thank you Chris and where can I get more?
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

smoker pete

From Starnes Barbecue in Paducah, Kentucky.  SWMBO attended a huge International Quilt Show there last spring while I visited with KyNola and his wonderful bride Jan of "Jan's Dry Rub" fame.  Here's a few photos of my visit to Starnes with KyNola ... Yes, it's a whole in the wall but you better get there early if you want a seat!!!!   ;D ;D  :P  I would PM KyNola for info about Starnes BBQ Sauce.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Tenpoint5

Your more than welcome Brian. I usually start smoozing up to Squirt, Hal, and Larry bout now. So's they will bring me some at the next MWSO! I do believe that someone said that it can be bought online now too.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BAM1

We"ll have to hook up with them before MWSO My bottle will be gone by the end of Oct
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

devo

Living in Canada I have ordered from this guy.
http://www.jpsaucehouse.com/starnes-barbq-sauce.html

I will order some once a year as its just way to expensive to have it shipped here.
Although the owner is very pleasant he does tend to forget things. As the sauce business is just a side line for him.   

hal4uk

That joint looks vaguely familiar  :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Quote from: BAM1 on September 29, 2012, 06:52:28 PM
OMG, Starnes BBQ will be my new go to.  Thank you Chris and where can I get more?
Brian, I'm your huckleberry. :)  Let me know when you need some more and I'll run over there and grab some for you.  I live about a half mile from Starne's. 8)

hal4uk

Quote from: KyNola on October 02, 2012, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: BAM1 on September 29, 2012, 06:52:28 PM
OMG, Starnes BBQ will be my new go to.  Thank you Chris and where can I get more?
Brian, I'm your huckleberry. :)  Let me know when you need some more and I'll run over there and grab some for you.  I live about a half mile from Starne's. 8)
See that sign?  1008 Joe Clifton Drive?  I grew up at 613 Joe Clifton Drive...
That same street is also the confluence of 4 or 5 highways...
Joe Clifton Drive will take you to downtown Chicago, if you're so inclined.

Just trivia.  I'm some miles away now.  KyNola is your "point man"  8)   :o

More trivia...
I went to Starne's recently (with SquirtTheCat), and the same people that were sitting at those stools...
When I was a kid in the early 60s...  They were still there.  We dusted them off.   ;)

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

BAM1

Thanks Larry.  Message me your address and phone number and I'll send you a check and pre-pay for a future mailing
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

KyNola