Jans rub, I'm just sayn............

Started by iceman, September 30, 2012, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Did I mention I LIKE Jans rub on yard birds. Gotta love this stuff!! :)

KyNola

Thanks Ice!  Coming from you we will take that as a supreme compliment. :)

mikecorn.1

Yes its is. And that bird looks happy to have it on it ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

iceman

Quote from: KyNola on September 30, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

I've got so many folks up here hooked on the rub I had to start mass production!!  ;D

KyNola

Quote from: iceman on October 01, 2012, 01:52:13 PM
Quote from: KyNola on September 30, 2012, 05:29:45 PM
I've got so many folks up here hooked on the rub I had to start mass production!!  ;D
Now that is very cool!

Tenpoint5

Finally getting my commercial rubs all used up. So I can go back to using the tried and true good ones. Jans rub is the first one I always make.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cajunboudreaux

I figured i would give it a try and went to this little place called winco we have a few here. I think i paid $4 for all the seasonings (they have bulk baggies you scoop yourself) It made a huge batch. I used it the other day on 3 butts and 5 racks of ribs and mama mia i gotta say i am really enjoying this stuff... Hell you can use it on anything. Thanks for giving it out... Definitley much appreciated...
Laissez les bon temps rouler

dirt1008

That bird looks terrific! Mind if I ask how you cooked it? I want mine to look just like that

iceman

Shot it with some Cajun butter, sprinkled it inside and out with Jan's Rub, stuffed the inside with an onion cut in half, then covered it and put it back in the fridge for a few hours. Then into a preheated oven @ 250 f in a shallow roasting pan for about 4 hours. After 3 hours you can start basting the skin with the drippings. It's done when the juices run clear and the thigh can pull loose.
It's a real easy way to cook a yard bird. Prep it in the morning then roast it in the afternoon. I've kept them in the oven an extra two hours before to hold and they still turned out great.

Sailor

Yes Sir!  That Jan's rub is good stuff.  My briskets and butts get lots of love using Jan's rub.  Momma won't let me try anything else.  Got my SIL hooked on it and that is all he uses now.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.